Author Topic: uk supplier of Stator and Regulator for MK1  (Read 501 times)

Offline wallace 2488

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: dbf 1000 2006
  • City / Town: Colne
uk supplier of Stator and Regulator for MK1
on: 29 January, 2021, 05:48:28 PM
Hi , I'm looking for a UK supplier of the MOSFET type regulator and stator for my 2006 MK1 cbf 1000, i gather these run at a cooler temperature and cut off before overheating and are an upgrade on the OEM , would appreciate anyone who could point me in the right direction in locating a UK supplier of these parts  :062: 

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: uk supplier of Stator and Regulator for MK1
Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2021, 08:36:27 PM
The OEM regulator/rectifier is a MOSFET type no need to replace it if it ain't broke, likewise the stator. That said M&P in Wales are my go to UK supplier for quality 'Electro Sport' direct fit stators. £116.99 including delivery from their ebay shop.

link here

Offline wallace 2488

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: dbf 1000 2006
  • City / Town: Colne
Reply #2 on: 30 January, 2021, 09:40:34 AM
Hey , thanks Art , will be checking out the supplier you recommended on e bay ,,,, i saw also on e bay several Canadian and US suppliers of these items but pricy with the added import taxes

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Reply #3 on: 30 January, 2021, 10:30:45 AM
As above really.

Is you R/R getting too hot?

The excess energy has to go somewhere; you may be moving that somewhere that can't cope (a connector block, its cabling or worse still the stator windings which are sometimes already running full tilt).

If it isn't broken why touch it.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Reply #4 on: 30 January, 2021, 02:47:31 PM
When I replaced my failed burnt out stator I was tempted by the less expensive £50 stators  similar to this.  My decision to get the more expensive ElectroSport stator was based on ElectroSports reputation and that M&P are a well respected UK supplier. Once you've replaced the stator or any part of the charging system, re-test the charging system making a note of the readings for use as a reference point for future testing. I test my charging system output at every 4,000 mile interim service and compare the output readings against previous tests  :028:

+1
*Originally Posted by jm2 [+]
If it isn't broken why touch it.
That's the best advice you'll get anywhere
Last Edit: 30 January, 2021, 02:56:08 PM by Art

diverse-leafy