• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
Re: stator
Reply #10 on: 02 January, 2021, 08:56:15 PM
*Originally Posted by marky99925 [+]
Piper
Try searching 'reg/rec failure'

Hi marky
That is precisely my point if you search for 'reg/rec failure' there are 15 results.
When you search for stator failure there are 281 results.

The stator is by far the most common failure of any electrical component reported on this bike on this forum. There were so many failures in the early days that Honda were persuaded to provide a 7 year warranty on the stator after much lobbying from this group and CBR1000 groups for a recall on safely grounds ( The old CBR1000 had same basic engine with same stator). Honda's warranty was to replace the flywheel with an upgraded version as well as the stator that seemed to have resulted in a much more reliable set up.

Offline marky99925

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000
  • City / Town: limerick
Reply #11 on: 02 January, 2021, 09:44:47 PM
Hi Piper
I am actually aware of the history of the stator problems and the honda upgrade but thanks anyway.
My original post (which i wish i hadnt bothered with now) was simply an honest attempt to pass on information as i saw it, rather than get into a stator vs reg/rec pissing contest, but if it makes you happy so be it.

Online Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Reply #12 on: 03 January, 2021, 12:18:29 AM
*Originally Posted by paul.chucky [+]
Art ? care to explain how i would use this

cheers Paul

That's hitting the nail on the head, if you don't know how to use no point in carrying it ;-)

Offline Steelworker

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2009 1000ABS
  • City / Town: London
Reply #13 on: 03 January, 2021, 08:48:41 AM
I had my stator, flywheel(and battery) replaced in 2015 for my MK.1 under Honda's extended warranty. This I assume no longer applies as the 7 year period would now commence from 2014 so would be for the MK 2 version.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any stator problems with the MK 2 bike ?

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000
  • City / Town: LEEDS
Reply #14 on: 07 January, 2021, 11:12:50 AM
I see a few recommending electrex stators. I struggled to find one for mine for whatever reason, I even ordered one from m&p that they said was correct but ended up being different. They sent one for a CBR, wiring is a lot shorter and the spigot is very different.
I got one from Rex's speed shop, pricey but trusted works great. I fell foul, I was on a week trip to Scotland and had to be recovered home (leeds) 2 days early  :172: this forum is very informative and many knowledgeable people. Being a noob you won't go far wrong  :152:

diverse-leafy