Author Topic: Heated grips  (Read 959 times)

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Heated grips
Reply #10 on: 30 November, 2020, 08:01:15 PM
I took my new CBF 1000 back to the dealers as the OEM heated grips only covered 180 degrees. I got them replaced with 360 degree Honda grips and 10 years later (my son has it now) they are still working well.

Most bikes have plenty of power to run heated grips as well as the rest of 'normal' accessories. I am about to add a heated jacket to the load on my BMW F800GT, and so long as I am riding normally I don't anticipate any problems including my heated grips. I'll let you know if I've got it wrong! :016:
Last Edit: 30 November, 2020, 08:03:45 PM by Rev Ken
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Happy Medium

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF100 A8
  • City / Town: Weymouth
Reply #11 on: 01 December, 2020, 12:52:46 PM
Another handy tip-If your grips (in this case Oxford) are not working or only work on 1 setting  and you've checked the obvious like connections and fuses, it is likely the controller, you can buy these off the well known auction site for around £20 , connect to your battery and then plug in the actual grips connector and away you go, save all the hassle of taking off the old grips and rewiring /routing the whole thing.

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
Reply #12 on: 01 December, 2020, 07:31:47 PM
Thanks Rev Ken for mentioning the amount of area that the Honda heated grips cover. I have the original version on my 09. I havenít used them often, and when I did, I would have my thick winter gloves on, however it was only last Friday ( going to work) that I noticed only the lower half of the bars were getting hot. I thought that there was a fault, but wasnít too bothered. Now going to look up more about the different heating areas of the Honda grips, only for curiosity.
I also agree with the last post from Happy medium about the Oxford grips, had an used Fj 1200 previously, I was told that the heated grips didnít work, turned out to be the controller, easily replaced and all good once again.