Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: OEM Heated Grips  (Read 466 times)

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: OEM Heated Grips
« Reply #10 on: 22 October, 2020, 09:46:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Philby21 [+]
I've fitted the Oxford grips to my wife's CBR and they have nice up and down buttons and different lights for different power levels - much more helpful!
Phil

Phil, plus the auto switch off feature :028:
My current Oxfords have been on knocking on 5 years, without doubt one of the best add-ons.  :168:

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • '17 mk2, '18 Enfield Classic 500, '95 Honda C90,
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
« Reply #11 on: 22 October, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Philby21 [+]
Okay, so yours is the Mk2 and later grips but, as Shed said, the operation is pretty much the same.

1st press - full
2nd press - medium
3rd press - low
4th press - off

Presumably the number of flashes indicate the power level, if it's flashing constantly then there's not enough power so the grips won't operate, which can happen if you try testing them at tickover straight after starting the bike (charging system will be directing power to top up the battery as well as run the bike), once the revs rise then the light will be constant and the grips will heat up, which pretty much sounds like what you're experiencing.

I've fitted the Oxford grips to my wife's CBR and they have nice up and down buttons and different lights for different power levels - much more helpful!

Phil

Ah. Beginning to see.
I've never turned the grips in when first starting the bike. I've only used them a couple of times and even then around fifteen minutes into my ride so low battery is not applicable.
What you're describing then is firstly they go straight to Full level. If I press the button again then they flash and go to Medium and so on.
So presumably, once I turn them on I have to go through all the levels to turn them off, or, of course, turn the engine off.
I'll give them another try out soon.
Thank you all for your help.
Stay between the hedges!

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • '17 mk2, '18 Enfield Classic 500, '95 Honda C90,
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
« Reply #12 on: 22 October, 2020, 09:50:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shed [+]
Phil, plus the auto switch off feature :028:
My current Oxfords have been on knocking on 5 years, without doubt one of the best add-ons.  :168:

I agree, Shed, about the Oxfords. Have put them on loads of bikes but I once used Gorilla super glue instead of the standard super glue to put some on.
The grips set with a 10mm gap to go. I just couldn't get them on quick enough or far enough. :008:
Stay between the hedges!

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: 22 October, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »
I must admit to having a superglue mishap myself, when I fitted mine I drizzled the glue all down the front leg of my black trousers which promptly set. Er, yeah, that looked exactly like you might think it would!  :114: :232:

Regarding your 10mm gap, there's a bus driving 'mechanic' on youtube who could help you with that. Simply chop through the bars either side with a chainsaw, thereby actually removing your 10mm gap, and then simply weld the resultant parts back together with some ali rods & blowlamp. (Shopping trolley accoutrement optional).
Finish off with a nice coat of black stonechip from a rattle can, and Bob's your uncle mate.

Majestic.  :123:
« Last Edit: 22 October, 2020, 10:03:18 PM by Shed »

diverse-leafy