Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ... and it's goodnight from me.  (Read 412 times)

Offline NJD

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
... and it's goodnight from me.
« on: 14 August, 2020, 10:12:54 PM »
Sold my '06 CBF 1000 at 58,500 miles today so will be not entirely departing but probably not as active as my attention turns towards a forum based on the bike I sold it for: a FZS 600 MK1 box-eye.

Maybe if I'd have waited two weeks and purchased the 19,000 miler MK1 CBF 1000 that appeared at the dealer I purchased my 54,000 from (both priced the same, but 19,000 not advertised or knew about at time of purchase) I might have owned the CBF 1000 for a bit longer but as was the example I had was in decent condition for its age but definitely not for me. Rode the Fazer and smiled for the first time since I sold my ZR7S for the CBF 1000 some almost one year ago.

Thanks Art, and others, who've helped me along the way with technical advice etc regarding CBF 1000.

Final gentle reminder that I have bits and bobs for sale on eBay of what's left

eBay ID: bike_parts_brum

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: ... and it's goodnight from me.
« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2020, 01:55:50 AM »
Your welcome, enjoy the Yamahaha ;-)

Offline Happy Medium

• Bike: CBF100 A8
  • City / Town: Weymouth
Re: ... and it's goodnight from me.
« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2020, 02:18:31 PM »
Good luck NJD, I've done it the other way, decided a couple years ago after owning 70 odd bikes these past 45 years I was ready to go down to a 600, got the Fazer 2001 and loved it, easy to sling around, good on fuel just a proper old school bike, you'll enjoy it , but doing a longer commute through this coming winter went for my 1st CBF 1000, after some coolant loss teething probs I'm glad I switched, it has so much torque and is perfect for the longer commute and with the side panniers I can take as much kit as I want, but I have to say the Fazer was a blast.