Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated jacket, gloves AND grips ... can the CBF handle all that?  (Read 348 times)

Offline MikeV

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
I use Tourmaster Synergy, (1.0) jacket and gloves. Aside from needing new controllers back when I fist bought the kit, it has been good. TH jacket liner is toasty warm, the gloves are sufficient. Coupled with heated grips, they'd be awesome.

A buddy has some Oxford grips that are fantastic, rode his bike yesterday.

Will the CBF1000A9 handle this gear AND some heated grips? Anyone using both, heated gear and grips?

Thanks!

Offline Crispy

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000 SC58 MK1
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Heated jacket, gloves AND grips ... can the CBF handle all that?
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2020, 10:27:51 PM »
Good question, I’m after going the other way and taking as much load off the battery as I can. Would be interested in any replies.
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline MikeV

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 05 October, 2020, 12:13:41 AM »
Pictures ....  are worth 1,000 words ....

Anyone have pictures of their Oxford Heated Grips installed. Please do post up. Greatly appreciated.   :031:

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2020, 06:28:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by MikeV [+]
Will the CBF1000A9 handle this gear AND some heated grips? Anyone using both, heated gear and grips?

As per a recent thread its all about battery maintenance. With the engine idling at 1,200 RPM the charging system will just about keep pace with the base demand. Add to that heated this, that and the other and the prospect of the radiator fan kicking in (which would normally only happen when idling!) and its just a matter of time before the battery goes flat. Note that's the worse case scenario with the engine idling at 1,200 RPM as soon as you blip the throttle battery maintenance improves.

The bottom line is you should be OK with about 250W of additional accessories providing the engine is not idling or running at <1,500 RPM for extended periods. Obviously this all depends on the condition of the charging system (battery, stator and regulator/rectifier) which means that every motorcycle will be a little different. If you really want a definitive answer plug it all in, turn it all on and with a multimeter across the battery terminals see where the RPM's need to be to maintain more than 13.2v across the battery terminals.

Offline MikeV

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 06 October, 2020, 02:52:43 AM »
Thanks Art!