Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from the Highlands...sort of!  (Read 284 times)

Offline HighlandAnn

• Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Highland
Hello from the Highlands...sort of!
« on: 12 September, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
Hi, newbie to the forum but not to bikes, still riding after 43 yrs and a very recent purchaser of a 2009 CBF1000. Currently hauled out of retirement and working in London temporarily until Jan 2021, Commuting 95m a day on the CBF from Aylesbury area. Also own an R1100S BMW which is tucked away in my garage in Scotland. Very impressed with the CBF and enjoying the commute though the heated grips are being fitted ready for the cold mornings.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Hello from the Highlands...sort of!
« Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2020, 05:50:50 PM »
 :405:

Intrigued why you'd want the CBF 1000 and the R1100S?

When those heated grips are fitted make sure to have them wired via a switched live so that ignition off turns the heated grips off too! Don't be palmed off with the electrickery either, the auto shut off is a failure waiting to happen and sooner or later will be a drain on the battery.

Offline HighlandAnn

• Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Highland
Re: Hello from the Highlands...sort of!
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
Me in the South during lockdown on contract with car & dog, R1100S in the Highlands and no economical way of getting it down South. I needed a decent bike to commute approx 100 miles a day on. 2 of my work colleagues have them, one with mega mileage so seemed an obvious choice. Not ridden an in line 4 for 13 years and that was a CB1000F.

diverse-leafy