Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Missing on one cylinder  (Read 460 times)

Offline palerider

• Bike: CBF 1000AA
  • City / Town: Barrow-in-Furnes
Missing on one cylinder
« on: 18 August, 2020, 02:06:28 PM »

Hello,
My cbf1000 A-A 2010 mk1 (8,000 mls), has suddenly developed a misfire. I have had the bike off the road during the winter and the Covid lockdowns (approx8months), connected to an Optimate charger during this time and occasionally ran it. I took it for the mot last week (Passed), and it ran good. When I brought it home it suddenly developed a misfire, sounds like running on 3. It ran perfectly to and from the mot centre. It starts and runs Perfectly for about 1 minute, then starts to run on 3. Starts every time and does not cut out. Any help or suggestions appreciated, as my nearest Honda dealer is 45 miles away.
  :465:

Online Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Missing on one cylinder
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »
Difficult to diagnose over the internet. I'd suspect HT lead, spark plug cap or spark plug, it could also be an injector or a fuel leak. If you don't feel competent yourself take it into your trusted MOT workshop, there is nothing on the CBF that can only be diagnosed or fixed by a Honda dealer.

Offline ivor hugh jarse

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Barnsley
« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2020, 09:45:20 PM »
Bang some Redex in the tank and run it for a few miles its only £2.00 at Wilcos 1/2 price
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS

Offline palerider

• Bike: CBF 1000AA
  • City / Town: Barrow-in-Furnes
« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I will try the redex even though I have’nt used this Product for years. Then will go to plugs, then leads etc. If I buy plugs are there any that are recommended or better when used in the CBF.
 :028:
*Originally Posted by palerider [+]

Hello,
My cbf1000 A-A 2010 mk1 (8,000 mls), has suddenly developed a misfire. I have had the bike off the road during the winter and the Covid lockdowns (approx8months), connected to an Optimate charger during this time and occasionally ran it. I took it for the mot last week (Passed), and it ran good. When I brought it home it suddenly developed a misfire, sounds like running on 3. It ran perfectly to and from the mot centre. It starts and runs Perfectly for about 1 minute, then starts to run on 3. Starts every time and does not cut out. Any help or suggestions appreciated, as my nearest Honda dealer is 45 miles away.
*Originally Posted by ivor hugh jarse [+]
Bang some Redex in the tank and run it for a few miles its only £2.00 at Wilcos 1/2 price
*Originally Posted by palerider [+]

Hello,

Recent Posts

diverse-leafy