Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Swinging arm original paint  (Read 384 times)

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • '17 mk2, '18 Enfield Classic 500, '95 Honda C90,
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
Swinging arm original paint
« on: 25 August, 2020, 01:49:00 PM »

I know that my 4000 mile, 2017 biffer was built in 2012 but I'm still shocked at the flaky paint around the bottom of the shock.
It looks to me as if Honda has given it a quick once over and that's it. I've never previously had to complain about the paint on a Honda.
It's likely that the previous owner rode it through the winter but even so, the bike should be up for it.
The plates inside the rear fender where the indicators are secured were also rusty and the nuts seized. This has now been sorted with cleaning and Hammerite.
I've now also taped off the shock and other areas and given four coats of black satin Hammerite to the dubious swinging arm area and it's now better protected than it ever was.
Powerbronze rear hugger also arrived today so will fit tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 25 August, 2020, 02:50:46 PM by knapdog »
Stay between the hedges!

Offline ivor hugh jarse

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Barnsley
Re: Swinging arm original paint
« Reply #1 on: 26 August, 2020, 06:34:54 PM »
I once bought a pick-up that had been used on the docks for moving fish - it rotted like nothing I had ever seen before, it hasn't be in the sea by any chance? 
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS