Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 Biffer  (Read 376 times)

Offline knapdog

• CBF Master
  • '17 mk2, '18 Enfield Classic 500, '95 Honda C90,
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
2017 Biffer
« on: 03 August, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »
After selling my 2014 mk2 after two years, in 2016, I am back on the scene with a 2017, 4000 mile minter.
Since I've been away I had a 1200RT for a year ( my second one) and will never go down the BMW road again due to unreliability, price etc, plus the forum I belonged to was nothing like this.
I then, as "Alan sh" will know, I then bought a cb1300 (faired version". This was absolutely superb. I did 12,000 on it including a brilliant 3,000 mile tour of Spain last year but I was wiped out by a car last autumn and the bike was a write-off. I was shaken and black and blue but overall fine.
I have been looking for a suitable tourer since but mist adventure bikes are too tall and sports tourers are getting few and far between.
I toyed with getting a Tiger 1200 Low version but decided against it as it's a bit top heavy and apparently suffers from a lot of engine heat.
I sat on a Ninja 1000sx last week but wasn't flat footed enough. I'm 5'9" and 30" inside leg.
I spotted this 2017 biffer in Earnshaws Huddersfield for £7190 and decided I had to have it before someone else did.
I had to pay close to the asking price but I've also saved thousands by not going for the Tiger 1200 or the Kawasaki so I'm happy.
My last biffer sold for £5900 without the 3 piece luggage.
I've already bought a shed load of extras....
Arrow exhaust
Powerbronze hugger
Beowulf radiator guard
Healtech gear indicator
Pyramid fender extender
Puig touring screen
plus mirror extenders.
So, I shall busy in the weeks ahead and looking forward  to planning my Portugal trip next year. I've already booked the Plymouth/Santander ferry and crossing my fingers regarding the Coronavirus situation.
Once the bike arrives I'll give my views on what it's like to jump back on one.
I previously had a Leo Vince exhaust and there's a video on YouTube just after I'd fitted it, some of you may remember.  At the time I fitted the Healtech exhaust servo eliminator  but I recollect I had some starting problems with that set up. Do members still fit the eliminator with their aftermarket exhausts if they go down that route?
It's good to be back.
Stay between the hedges!

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
Re: 2017 Biffer
« Reply #1 on: 03 August, 2020, 01:52:44 PM »
 :401: back. Had my mk 1 for 12 years now. ( Along with a few others as well for commuting). Great bike for touring as I'm sure you know.

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
« Reply #2 on: 03 August, 2020, 01:54:50 PM »
Welcome back. I don't need to say how good the CBF is.

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2020, 10:30:04 PM »
"Just when I thought I was out, they keep pulling me back in" (Godfather 3 quote).

Finding any bike that's as good at so many things as a Biffer is no easy task. Some would say impossible. Finding another make that's as reliable as a Honda is pretty impossible too.

Welcome back.

diverse-leafy