Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: cbf1000 mk2 reserve gauge readout  (Read 315 times)

Offline nivek24

• CBF Member
cbf1000 mk2 reserve gauge readout
« on: 01 August, 2020, 01:47:00 PM »
Can any one understand how the fuel gauge when it starts flashing, single block flashes then a red marker and the distance covered starts counting, how does it work in simple terms please
cheers

kev

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: cbf1000 mk2 reserve gauge readout
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2020, 04:42:06 PM »
It is in the handbook.
There is a stated 4L reserve (not measured it!).
Your rh display will switch to a 'fuel used since reserve' mode and start to count the fuel used since falling onto reserve (if sloshing about etc. discounts this is then it will begin again shortly.
It will flash to draw your attention and once used 1L (I think it is) it will continue but flashes faster.

Prizes if you get this to read 4L (or more).

The gauge flashing is simply to draw you attention to the one (half) bar left (the other half is permanently showing on the lcd - not controlled and a bit naff in my opinion).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline nivek24

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2020, 05:47:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by jm2 [+]
It is in the handbook.
There is a stated 4L reserve (not measured it!).
Your rh display will switch to a 'fuel used since reserve' mode and start to count the fuel used since falling onto reserve (if sloshing about etc. discounts this is then it will begin again shortly.
It will flash to draw your attention and once used 1L (I think it is) it will continue but flashes faster.

Prizes if you get this to read 4L (or more).

The gauge flashing is simply to draw you attention to the one (half) bar left (the other half is permanently showing on the lcd - not controlled and a bit naff in my opinion).

Thanks for that J2, i don't have a book with it,  but you explained it ok, i think.
When it start to count up .1 -.2 etc this is counting up to the max of 4ltr right,  i noticed when i switched  the bike off then restarting  it went back to zero and counted up again, i think it a bit naff too, still struggling with the setting for miles/ km per ltr for fuel read out.
thanks

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2020, 07:25:12 PM »

Offline nivek24

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 01 August, 2020, 08:05:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
you can download the Honda Workshop and Owners Manuals here.
[/

just done the download, thanks Art

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #5 on: 03 August, 2020, 03:27:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by nivek24 [+]
Thanks for that J2, i don't have a book with it,  but you explained it ok, i think.
When it start to count up .1 -.2 etc this is counting up to the max of 4ltr right,  i noticed when i switched  the bike off then restarting  it went back to zero and counted up again, i think it a bit naff too, still struggling with the setting for miles/ km per ltr for fuel read out.
thanks
I'm not convinced it does reset with switching the bike off.
What may reset is the 'reserve level trip' as on the sidestand (IIRC) the level shows more.  i.e. is no longer on reserve.  The real test would be to do this at, say, 2L reserve used.  I *thought* I'd done this once, I'm sure I did (but may have dreamt it!).

I bet you do have an owners handbook.  I showed the whole trip and functions to a member - as explaining on the forum isn't nearly as good as hands-on - when finished and idling chatting and poking about his bike, low and behold the book was right there where is should be (under the seat)! (I didn't mind in the least.)
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #6 on: 04 August, 2020, 04:16:59 PM »
If you stop, switch off and leave the bike on its sidestand whilst your fuel gauge is counting up on the remaining 4 litres, it will sometimes reset to zero and start counting up again on restart, so note how far it got before switching off and you can deduct that from 4 to know how much further it'll count up to once you do restart. Simples.

Recent Posts

topic motorcycle stands
[For Sale Board]
panthers220
Yesterday at 05:17:21 PM
topic Tail Tidy
[CBF1000 - General Discussion]
Baldrick5000
Yesterday at 12:28:19 PM
topic MRA VARIABLE TOURING SCREEN MK 1 , side brackets and panniers
[Items Wanted]
moayling