Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oooh - I should introduce myself shouldn't I! :) Brum-based newbie  (Read 189 times)

Offline Martin0642

• Bike: CBF1000 F 2013
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Hello all  :001:

I passed my test (on a biffer) in March last year, bought a street triple as my first bike but found it was a bit cramped. Have since got rid of that and replaced it with a Mk2 biffer (now with custom paint job) and a Triumph Speedmaster.

I've slightly modded the biffer......... came with Fuel exhaust, givi racks, Oxford heated grips and custom seat, i've added a custom paint job, radiator guard, lower fairings and Wilbers suspension. Absolutely *LOVE* this bike.  :046:

Been lurking here for a while; mainly to get invaluable information on fixing and maintaining her (Thank you all for those contributions!).

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Oooh - I should introduce myself shouldn't I! :) Brum-based newbie
« Reply #1 on: 02 July, 2020, 10:40:59 AM »
 :405:

The CBF 1000 is an excellent choice for a Sports Tourer that ticks many boxes in its class. A big plus for me is the ease in which it can be serviced and maintained at home by the home mechanic without the need of any special tools or diagnostic equipment. If you haven't already you can download the Honda Workshop and Owners Manuals here.

It is also ULEZ compliant, that's London's £12.50 a day Ultra Low Emission Zone coming to a city near you soon.

I acquired my SC58 6 years ago to turn a profit between Bonne's because it was going cheap at a local dealers but it turned into a keeper, can't fault it.

Happy Days
« Last Edit: 02 July, 2020, 10:44:33 AM by Art »

Offline Martin0642

• Bike: CBF1000 F 2013
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Oooh - I should introduce myself shouldn't I! :) Brum-based newbie
« Reply #2 on: 02 July, 2020, 11:56:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
:405:

The CBF 1000 is an excellent choice for a Sports Tourer that ticks many boxes in its class. A big plus for me is the ease in which it can be serviced and maintained at home by the home mechanic without the need of any special tools or diagnostic equipment. If you haven't already you can download the Honda Workshop and Owners Manuals here.

It is also ULEZ compliant, that's London's £12.50 a day Ultra Low Emission Zone coming to a city near you soon.

I acquired my SC58 6 years ago to turn a profit between Bonne's because it was going cheap at a local dealers but it turned into a keeper, can't fault it.

Happy Days

Thank you. It is indeed a splendid machine  :001: Good to know that it's ULEZ compliant too...I wasn't sure of that! Not that I'm likely to ride into central London, and I know motorcycles are exempt in Brum anyway ....but still.....worth knowing!

diverse-leafy