Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Austrian noise ban  (Read 348 times)

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Austrian noise ban
« on: 28 June, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
I've just noticed that "some" bikes will be stopped from using some roads in the country. I know it's from the comic but suspect it may well be true this time. :114:
https://motorcycles.news/en/driving-ban-for-too-loud-motorcycles-in-tyrol/?fbclid=IwAR3tQNqhGIOt9f7x7tEcqDnUtFcHNUGLrGf3ZLLWxhxu0EYIQNaulGKmXPU
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Austrian noise ban
« Reply #1 on: 28 June, 2020, 07:09:09 PM »
The National Trust is being urged to ban all motorcycles from the Lake District because of a few thoughtless bikers who make every sunny weekend a misery for locals (and other visitors!) with their (usually illegal) loud exhausts when accelerating at full blast for a few hundred yard and then slamming on their brakes to get round the next corner - there are a lot of them!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
« Reply #2 on: 28 June, 2020, 08:01:13 PM »
This is being led by "Captain Pickard" of the spaceship Enterprise, "Patrick Stewart that lives occasionally in the area and does nothing but whines about bikes making a noise, perhaps he should bugger off for another long trek, or go back to one of his other homes back in the USA, where the bikers can and do tell people like him to do one.

*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
The National Trust is being urged to ban all motorcycles from the Lake District because of a few thoughtless bikers who make every sunny weekend a misery for locals (and other visitors!) with their (usually illegal) loud exhausts when accelerating at full blast for a few hundred yard and then slamming on their brakes to get round the next corner - there are a lot of them!
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #3 on: 28 June, 2020, 08:03:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ianrobbo1 [+]
This is being led by "Captain Pickard" of the spaceship Enterprise, "Patrick Stewart that lives occasionally in the area and does nothing but whines about bikes making a noise, perhaps he should bugger off for another long trek, or go back to one of his other homes back in the USA, where the bikers can and do tell people like him to do one.

I didn't expect one of ours to make my point! :192:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: 28 June, 2020, 08:30:47 PM »
Oh ****. Was planning to go to Austria in June  next year -  had to cancel going there this year due to the pandemic. Anyone know what the db is for a Mk2 with standard exhaust (or Mk1 with standard exhausts)- is it below the Austrian Noise limit? Have tried searching without success.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
« Reply #5 on: 28 June, 2020, 08:53:27 PM »

Standard cans should be fine, it's the odd idiot they are trying to exclude.  :125: and people wot like whipping peeps.  :015: :001: :001:

*Originally Posted by davidjg [+]
Oh ****. Was planning to go to Austria in June  next year -  had to cancel going there this year due to the pandemic. Anyone know what the db is for a Mk2 with standard exhaust (or Mk1 with standard exhausts)- is it below the Austrian Noise limit? Have tried searching without success.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #6 on: 30 June, 2020, 06:24:19 PM »
Yes standard cans will be fine.  Even add-ons with baffles should be okay.

I read the article sign says 95dB(A) - is that (,01) a 1m measurement (is that the standard now? I used to use 3m).

I seem to remember I've seen my mkII figure (original) stamped somewhere - might be the plate on the frame at the front near the clamps.|

Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline spinspin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #7 on: 30 June, 2020, 11:36:08 PM »
I went and had a look after seeing this post, on the MK1 it's on the plate by the radiator grill and it's well under with the standard cans. Don't know what distance it's measured at but no doubt there's an exciting stack of EU regulation available for anyone who wants to indulge.

Offline edger

• CBF Master
« Reply #8 on: 01 July, 2020, 08:57:27 PM »
Bah HUMBUG!
Sunday morning  with the wind from the south the sound of a open piped bike  can be heard
from at least 2 miles away ,
Down the box for Marshbrook  corner then full gas for the uphill run to Church Stretton
  chuck it down the box again into the 40 ish speed limit :mfrlol:
I love it !
I will go outside just to watch them go by!!!!
SAD?

diverse-leafy