Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Newbie from worcester  (Read 740 times)

Offline Gareth136

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Worcester
Newbie from worcester
« on: 19 June, 2020, 04:07:25 PM »
Hi all picking up an 08 cbf1000 next week with any luck, its my first ever bike like this, ive always ridden custom cruisers which I customise myself so uncomfortable slow low and loud, I'm going to be keeping that but the other half wants to tour europe so did a bit of reserch and this bike seemed to tick all the boxes looking forward to picking her up and seeing what it's all about  :152:

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Newbie from worcester
« Reply #1 on: 19 June, 2020, 04:41:14 PM »
 :405:

I don't do pillions so cannot comment there but its a great mo'cycle and it does tick the boxes. The SC58 CBF1000/A is an excellent choice in the Sports Tourer class. A big plus for me is the ease in which it can be serviced and maintained by the home mechanic without the need for any special tools or diagnostic equipment. If you haven't already you can download the Honda Workshop and Owners Manuals here

Note the manual does contain a few errors for example when renewing the coolant don't forget to re-fill the system at the radiator cap and expansion tank. When renewing the brake fluid don’t drain the system, flush bleed using the new fluid to push the old fluid out, especially if you have the ABS model.

Happy Days/Enjoy

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »
 :401: Hope you enjoy your new bike. Had mine just over 12 months now, and enjoy every trip.

Offline marky99925

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000
  • City / Town: limerick
« Reply #3 on: 20 June, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
Hi
I bought my MK 1 after a lovely blackbird, at the time the CBF was a bit of a stop gap for maybe a year, that was 6 years ago in july! Easily the most underrated bike i've ever owned.
Ive spent on maxton shock and fork conversion and worth it's weight in gold.
Never had a mechanical in 25000 miles, apart from a stop/ tail light bulb blowing in Portugal, fixed by a BMW dealer there who wouldnt accept payment.
Four trips round spain and portugal two up with luggage, never missed a beat. My experience is if you look after it it will go for ever, mine is sensitive to tyre pressures, so i keep them spot on. For info, im 6ft 3 and ive done 300 miles in a stretch with just a fuel stop in total comfort, i keep thinking about changing it for something sexier but not sure exactly what i would gain for the outlay.

Enjoy! and use the forum, the guys here have saved me a fortune during my ham fisted adventures with spanners.

Offline WileyCoyote

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: 20 June, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
Exactly as Marky says (except I,m only 5' 8") !
 :031:
And of course   :401:

Offline Gareth136

« Reply #5 on: 20 June, 2020, 01:53:31 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone I'm not great at using forums especially when on my phone. Really looking forward to getting the bike and getting out on her

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #6 on: 20 June, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »
 :400: to the forum.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: 20 June, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »
 :405:

Online iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #8 on: 20 June, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gareth136 [+]
Hi all picking up an 08 cbf1000 next week with any luck, its my first ever bike like this, ive always ridden custom cruisers which I customise myself so uncomfortable slow low and loud, I'm going to be keeping that but the other half wants to tour europe so did a bit of research and this bike seemed to tick all the boxes looking forward to picking her up and seeing what it's all about  :152:

Hi Gareth & welcome .I run a 2009 CBF1000A.Have some knowledge of this cracking machine & always ready to help .Ed. :031:(Essex).

Offline Gareth136

« Reply #9 on: 25 June, 2020, 06:59:48 AM »
 Well I picked her up yesterday not the one I was having originally  found a better one at a better price loads of history and very well looked after  :028: