Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel pump/fuel filter  (Read 475 times)

Offline g5guzzi

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: kirton lincs
Re: Fuel pump/fuel filter
« Reply #10 on: 16 June, 2020, 10:13:20 PM »

hanoverpwrsports (6749 )

motoworld_of_el_cajon (73523 )
98.7% Positive feedback
99% Positive feedback
Save this Seller

These are the other 2

Offline Dcan17

• Bike: 2009 CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Coquitlam
« Reply #11 on: 17 June, 2020, 01:43:29 AM »
@g5guzzi

I have contacted them already but they don't actually have stock. I actually ordered one and they emailed me to tell me it was on back order.

Seems the whole world has no stock of fuel pump assemblies or fuel filters. I love the bike but it may be time to change up for something else.

Offline g5guzzi

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: kirton lincs
« Reply #12 on: 19 June, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »
Hi Dcan17
just had a ebay link come from Poland
item no 291778243859 complete cbf1000 fuel pump
£304 +postage. says he ships world wide.

Malc

Offline Dcan17

« Reply #13 on: 19 June, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
Thanks malc. I'll look into it if my current plan doesn't work out. I found a cb1100 shares the same filter so I ordered a used pump from a wrecked 2015. Ill post once i see what the result will be.

Offline Dcan17

« Reply #14 on: 30 June, 2020, 04:48:06 AM »
So I figured I'd post my results up here so hopefully it helps someone out with similar symptoms.

A brief description of my issue was I had no power above 6krpm. Any gear didn't matter. Most noticeable in 6th going for a pass on the highway. It idled fine and reved to 6k fine.

So my findings were all pointing to a bad fuel pump. I tested as many sensors as I could without special tools by following service manual and found no issues with any. I did a fuel flow test and I achieved approximately 125mL/10seconds. So i problem I figured was low fuel delivery.

So I took pump apart and replaced pump with a quantum fuel pump but used existing parts from original pump( level indicator, regulator,etc). Did a fuel flow test and got approx 140mL / 10 seconds. Wasn't the 189 that was stated but I figured I'd try. The bike ran great for a 600km ride in the mountains and I figured it was sorted. A few days later riding to work, the problem resurfaced.  :172:

So I after hours of searching this forum someone mentioned item 30 on Fowler's website and son of a gun it showed a filter for the white housing pump inserts into. I had an aha moment.

So here comes the fun part, the part is on backorder in Australia, UK, US, Canada, Europe. I ordered from every continent only to be told it's on backorder and who knows when it will be in stock again. So my search continues. After scouring parts diagrams and part number searches, I found a 2015 cb1100 shares the same filter housing and I located a wrecked cb1100 in the states being parted. I ordered the full pump and took out the filter, installed into mine and I'm getting way more than 189mL in 10 secs. So problem solved.

Point of the speech is to try to encourage people to not spend 1000$ on a new pump but rather use your own and save some money.

Parts cost:

-quantum fuel pump = 70$ US
-used fuel pump from cb1100= 150$US.
-tank packing gasket=35$US

So as you can see if you can find the filter or a low mile used filter, you can save money.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps someone.  :001: