Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How to beat the thieving scrotum's in London  (Read 537 times)

Offline Careca

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sevenoaks
How to beat the thieving scrotum's in London
« on: 10 June, 2020, 08:44:13 PM »
I started commuting to London before the lockdown . I just thought I would share a tip for you .
In London the local thieves tend to get around in stolen mopeds. Whatever you may read they are still very much at it. If you see a moped 2 up they are usually up to no good.
What the do is pull up along side you at the lights and usually the one at the back will hop off and will come take your key away . You are then sat at the lights, dead duck ion the water and they just pull up a few yards up the road and wait for you to park your bike up. At some point you will leave it, they come back and ride it off .

Get another key cut and always carry it with you . If its a key with an immobilizer / chip  on the fob it is extra expense but worth it.
Or do what I do and use a strong curly or nylon rope. One end is round the key and the other is attached through a hole I neatly made at the bottom of my jacket and put a nice metal eyelet on it. Said scrotal might get the key initially but chances are he will not even notice it being tugged back. I still carry another key though just in case.

This doesn't just happen in London  but many big cities.

One thing that i have found interesting , back in 1977 when I had the use of a KH250 , you could switch the ignition on then remove the key and put it in your pocket. Very handy indeed. Of course when you get to wherever you are going you must remember to switch it off.

Anyway, just a tip i thought i would share,
Regards.

Offline CaseyJones277

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Black Mk2
  • City / Town: Shavington
Re: How to beat the thieving scrotum's in London
« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2020, 09:16:12 PM »
 :016: Never really thought of this. It's actually incredibly easy for the thieving scum to do this. No doubt they'll think of something else too!  :003:

Offline Crispy

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2020, 11:29:52 PM »
There’s loads of people who’ve escaped from London to live in Manchester. Their No1 complaint is crime and spending half their lives stuck in traffic, hence the opportunities for thieves to steal motorcycles pottering about at 5mph. Thankfully the roads “oop north” are relatively free flowing, so  I can filter and make progress with next to zero chance of some scrote on a moped nicking my keys.
But where will I go when Manchester ends up like London?
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline Bogal298

• Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Plymouth
« Reply #3 on: 11 June, 2020, 01:59:02 PM »
That's a great idea and hopefully one that will never get tested but these wankers will always exist  :232:

My old 2002 Fazer 600 had a fault with the ignition and I could just take the key out after starting her up and ride on with no issues, used to do that when I was in London for work or something. :001:

Offline wesley

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000GT
  • City / Town: Tyrone
« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
Come and live in Northern Ireland.  We'll be in the EU and the UK.  Traffic jams here don t feature against some I've sat in in England.

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #5 on: 05 July, 2020, 07:18:33 PM »
Well done ,Careca.These people are not bright ,they are just worthless  A===holes! & never forget that!. They certainly don't  deserve any sort of ,"win".Ed.
« Last Edit: 05 July, 2020, 08:05:47 PM by iNCORRIGIBLE »

diverse-leafy