Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali Split SoundBOMB  (Read 1043 times)

Offline P Dubya

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sheffield
Denali Split SoundBOMB
« on: 31 May, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »
Hi All.  Has anyone fitted a Denali Split SoundBOMB to their biffer? How easy is it to fit? Is it better than the Nautilus? 
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline thebudda08

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000 mk1
  • City / Town: Dublin
Re: Denali Split SoundBOMB
« Reply #1 on: 01 June, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
yep very easy , best money I ever spent , compressor under seat  fits nicely and does not interfere with the seat closing ,I put mine down the right side , run the air tube down the right side and the horn bit fits nicely inside the fairing and is screwed into the indicator surround , you will see it when you take the fairing off(sry for bad picture ) which  is the only thing needs to be removed , the wiring loom comes in handy if not a relay must be used   , on now 3 yrs in all weathers and no problem , the only problem is some people might need a change of trousers when they hear it                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Offline P Dubya

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 June, 2020, 05:19:56 AM »
FANTASTIC!!! Im all over it. Revenge is going to be VERY sweet... :001:
Thanks Budda
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline thebudda08

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000 mk1
  • City / Town: Dublin
« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »
this is were the horn is screwed in , enjoy it money well spent

20200609-103022" border="0

20200609-103035" border="0

Offline P Dubya

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 11 June, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
Thanks Budda... Its ben ordered. I will give you my verdict when its fitted :028:
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline fotochap

« Reply #5 on: 02 August, 2020, 08:12:22 AM »
Hi both,

I'm going to do this too: I've got the horn and the wiring kit. The horn sounds amazing by all accounts. The air tube didn't seem quite long enough though: were you successful PD? if so how did you route the air tube?

Cheers!

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: 02 August, 2020, 03:51:37 PM »
 :460:

Just another option for anyone considering a horn mod, the Denali Soundbomb Mini version, (low tone, 113dB) fits in place of the original biffer horn on the MK1.

If I recall correctly I think I just turned the original horn bracket upside down, bent it in the vice, or turned it inside-out type of thing - something like that! it'll make more sense if you do it yourself! Wasn't difficult, and has been working fine for 5 years now.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
« Reply #7 on: 02 August, 2020, 05:12:34 PM »
+1 on the Denali SoundBOMB Mini or the Stebel 80T Magnum low note, pretty sure they both come from the same Italian factory. They're both loud c115 dB, straightforward install and connect directly to the stock wiring loom. If you want proper loud the Stebel 80T Magnum comes in a twin horn kit giving 139 dB, you'll just need to mount them somewhere either side of the radiator with the horns facing down to get the full effect of a twin hi-low horn set up.
« Last Edit: 02 August, 2020, 05:14:51 PM by Art »

Offline fotochap

« Reply #8 on: 03 August, 2020, 07:38:16 PM »
Thanks both. They all sound like great alternatives.

I already have the split soundbomb though so I'll keep scratching my chin for now.  :084:

Offline junior

• Bike: CBF1000A MK1
« Reply #9 on: 04 August, 2020, 04:55:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by thebudda08 [+]
yep very easy , best money I ever spent , compressor under seat  fits nicely and does not interfere with the seat closing ,I put mine down the right side , run the air tube down the right side and the horn bit fits nicely inside the fairing and is screwed into the indicator surround , you will see it when you take the fairing off(sry for bad picture ) which  is the only thing needs to be removed , the wiring loom comes in handy if not a relay must be used   , on now 3 yrs in all weathers and no problem , the only problem is some people might need a change of trousers when they hear it                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

as i understand you have mounted the main part  parallel (to ground), as i recall mounting instuctions were to mount vertical, that's good news for me that is working nice also parallel  :152:
« Last Edit: 04 August, 2020, 04:59:54 PM by junior »