Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Two up touring ... how capable is the CBF??  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Roger

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: BMW R1200GSA
  • City / Town: Droitwich
Re: Two up touring ... how capable is the CBF??
« Reply #10 on: 05 June, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »
Hi
Wife and I have travelled around Spain and the UK on our Mk1, and as long as you respect the limits (we didnt and were fine) of load, and also adjust the preload, all should be well. I am 6ft 6 and 19 stone and the wife is smaller but together we overload the bike with luggage but the bike coped well. Some spirited riding and some long days were included. Never missed a beat.
18 BMW R1200 GSA Triple Black
03 Silver FZS1000
58 Black CBF1000 GT  gone to a new home.

Offline MikeV

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
« Reply #11 on: 05 June, 2020, 10:50:00 PM »
Thanks Roger!

For all the replies measuring weight by the stone, I had to figure out what a stone weighed!  :001: :001:

The more I hear about the CBF, the more stoked I am to get it! Looking forward to Tuesday.

Cheers.

Offline marky99925

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000
  • City / Town: limerick
« Reply #12 on: 06 June, 2020, 10:34:55 AM »
Partner and i have done 4 trips round spain and portugal over 3 years, bike is superbly comfortable for both although she does use an airhawk, i dont find i need one. Never been short of power, what the hell do people do with 170 bhp?  Never had a mechanical other than a bust stop/tail light bulb, fixed in portugal by a BMW dealer 100 yeards from the hotel and wouldnt accept any payment beyond 1 euro (!) for the bulb,so we bought the fitters a load of cakes.
i keep looking at newer sexier bikes but always struggle to see exactly what i would gain for all the extra money. I previously had a blackbird and bought the cbf as a stop gap for maybe a year, that was 6 years ago in july. I'm up to 34k miles, it's pampered sure, but it's never missed a beat.
Never met anyone who regretted buying one.
Bit of common sense on the preload and you're away, i have maxton shock and fork comversion so bit spolied but same thing applies to standard kit.

Offline WileyCoyote

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #13 on: 06 June, 2020, 12:32:26 PM »
Yeah for the Maxton suspension upgrades    :152:
Best thing I ever did for it.  Far more controllable and far more comfortable,  even the wife was impressed by the difference in ride quality. Worth every penny.
It's not "fit & forget" though,  should be serviced every 10K to 15K miles or every two years. they advise.
End of advert, sorry !   Other top quality systems are available, of course, but Maxton are based only about 12 miles from where I live.
Good luck for Tuesday and fingers crossed for a dry day. 

diverse-leafy