Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Help, Wide fit boots??  (Read 277 times)

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000
  • City / Town: LEEDS
Help, Wide fit boots??
« on: 29 May, 2020, 10:51:24 PM »
Is there anyone who can reccomend a wider fitting boot? I've looked at getting some Daytona boots but £400 is steep. Before someone says "german quality, that price for a reason" I understand that but come on £400.
I'm after a decent waterproof touring boot for a big foot. Something comfortable on and off the bike.
Any suggestions would be appreciated  :001:

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Help, Wide fit boots??
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2020, 12:24:48 AM »
£400 is properly ridiculous, I'm not interested in brand names just comfort and performance, if I can get that with a branded boot at a reasonable price that's fine but that doesn't seem to be a reality. I have a winter and summer boot, I ride all year round in. My current winter boots, now in need of replacement, are wide fitting, cost £49.00 on special from JTS (Coalville, Leicestershire)  and have kept my feet warm and dry for the last 10 winters and some of the summer too. My summer boots, also a wide fitting, cost £59.00 on special from JTS and have served me well for 7 summers.  They remain comfortable, waterproof and still have life left in them.

I've recently been looking at boots on the J&S website and have seen several reasonable priced pairs I may be interested in but wouldn't dream of buying boots without first trying them on because I need a wide fit and I place comfort on an equal footing to waterproofing, roll on the re-opening of retailers.

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
Thanks Art. I have seen their website but didnt know about them so looked else where. I'm there about 6,5 and sz12 feet, it's hard to find gear. Luckily this platform is great for these things to ask questions. I'll have a look on JTS. I looked at some A* but dont know how they fit and currently cant try any. I currently have a pair of Arlen ness if had years but they're not very WP anymore.

Offline P Dubya

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000
  • City / Town: Sheffield
« Reply #3 on: 30 May, 2020, 09:52:48 AM »
Altbergs... I love them. British made and pure quality. Altberg supply police and military. They are based in Richmond, North Yorkshire. Give them a look. 
Enjoy The Ride!!!

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 30 May, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by P Dubya [+]
Altbergs... I love them. British made and pure quality. Altberg supply police and military. They are based in Richmond, North Yorkshire. Give them a look.

Spoke to a friend who is an ex-police biker and he said the altberg are his second choice after the daytona. They also have the option for wide fit which is great. To me that sounds like a plan. He said if you go to them they are far cheaper than ordering online so may have to have a steady one to Richmond and make a day of it. Thanks again guys   :152:

Offline ToonCBF

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 GT
  • City / Town: Market Harboroug
« Reply #5 on: 02 June, 2020, 02:12:18 PM »
I bought a pair of waterproof boots from J and S, they have a factory shop in Finedon Northamptonshire where the prices are cheaper than the 'net and they have a lot of end of line and "one offs" in stock. Mine are supremely comfortable and waterproof, and I think I gave about £50 for them!!!

Hopefully the shop will reopen soon.....
I have the body of an 18 year old...... I keep it in the freezer!!!! (Spike Milligan)