Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thought it was about time I said hello  (Read 390 times)

Offline RJTaylor1000

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000F 2015
  • City / Town: Chester
Thought it was about time I said hello
« on: 29 May, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »
This is my second CBF1000 my first was a brand new MK1 2007 which I owned for 3 years. I didnít have a single issue with the bike and added a few extras which I believe made it more attractive and functional. A rear colour coded hugger a chrome radiator grill/protector (not sure if this effected air flow). A full fairing and lower pan a rear box a front mudguard extender a bagster tank cover and tank bag so I spent a few bob.
Last but not least a personalised number plate (total vanity) J CBF 999. I sold that with the bike. Not knowing I would buy another 8 years later.
I couldnít believe how the MK2 had moved on with full fairing on offer for the GT with
many advancements both  external and internal. I bagged a red 2015 with full luggage  heated grips gear indicator. I added a rear hugger and tank cover. I hadnít ridden a bike for years flew down to the south coast to pick it up ride it up made a day of it. I really love and trust this bike. Am looking into getting a bit more bite out of the rear brake itís not very effective any guidance welcome. I also want better main beam.
I am planning a trip to Norway in Aug see how far up I can get in a month.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Thought it was about time I said hello
« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
 :405:

Here you go

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
« Reply #2 on: 29 May, 2020, 03:33:33 PM »
Welcome back  :401:

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: 29 May, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »
 :730: :401:

As for the main beam, change the bulb/s for something like Osram Nightbreaker

Assuming it doesn't need bleeding first, the back brake is nowt special and never will be, but fit some grippier pads in and it will help a bit. Such as EBC FA388HH.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #4 on: 29 May, 2020, 11:35:09 PM »
 :401:

And the back brake; they're not so bad you know (when working right). Obviously feeble c.f. the fronts but offer useful additional braking if needed (and useful trail braking too).

Run along your private test strip, declutch (saves the motor and drive) and haul the rear on as hard as you can.  You ought to get the abs to kick in nice and smooth - release at 10mph (the abs will disengage as you stop). 
Repeat for added improvements.

If that hasn't brought it to life you'll need to clean the piston (the caliper) properly.  They do get a little gunged up, more so if not used.  The standard Honda pads are fine (if they've some material on them).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.