Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cat & Fiddle, Buxton  (Read 235 times)

Offline WileyCoyote

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Cat & Fiddle, Buxton
« on: 28 May, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »
Passed "The" Cat & Fiddle this morning and saw bikers, on the car park, with cups of tea/coffee, cake etc, etc.  Also saw a sign advertising take out and such.   Quite a few bikes parked up (everyone social distancing, of course) couldn't stop to investigate so just wondered if anyone had anymore info.??  Had a quick trawl around tinterweb but not able to find anything.

Passed the Yondermann Cafe last week, over towards Bakewell, and they were open, similarly, for take out but have since announced they are closed again, sadly.

Hopefully, things may start to improve after the weekend .

Cheers,  Paul.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: Cat & Fiddle, Buxton
« Reply #1 on: 28 May, 2020, 10:55:02 PM »
 :028:

Thanks for that; I'd been meaning to keep an eye on the place (an old haunt) to see if the pub sold/new tenants but with lockdown etc I haven't been out much.

Time to check out my eyesight ...
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline WileyCoyote

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A GT
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: Cat & Fiddle, Buxton
« Reply #2 on: 29 May, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »
Still owned by Robinson's apparently but is now leased by "Forest Distillery" from Maccesfield way.  They currently make gin but will branching out into whisky with the Cat & Fiddle becoming the UK's highest distillery.
Understand the pub will be opening when we get out of captivity (isolation ! sorry).

Worried about my eyesight too,  maybe check it every day, just to be safe you understand.   :015: