Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitting camera  (Read 411 times)

Online Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
Fitting camera
« on: 21 May, 2020, 04:03:42 PM »
Good afternoon people, has anyone ever wired in a Gopro into their bike? Is it a simple process? I have a hero 4 that I was thinking of hardwiring into the bike(mk2) any advice appreciated. I have mountings.

Offline NJD

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
Re: Fitting camera
« Reply #1 on: 24 May, 2020, 07:17:09 PM »
What exactly would you hard wire? The GoPro is an indepdant battery controlled camera free from wires.

You can mount a sticky pad to the bike, and put the GoPro on that?

The only bit you could actually do any wiring with was the charger, and that would mean cutting the O.E.M cable and rewiring it with some wire that had connectors that could fit onto the battery of the bike; but then why would you do that because all it would do is charge it, and I'm not sure you can use and charge the camera at the same time.

You stand to gain nothing, from what I understand.

There are camera systems designed to be bike mounted, but even the one that my local J&S were trying to push out of nowhere one week vanished the next.

Unless you have more details of what you had an idea of doing that could be expanded on.

GoPro mounted front and rear is probably as camera'd up as you'd need to get, but would be a pain charging them both all the time. Removing them. Clearing the SD card. Turning them on and checking their recording etc.

Offline ToonCBF

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 GT
  • City / Town: Market Harboroug
« Reply #2 on: 02 June, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »
My battery last for ages on mine, I just stuck it to the front fairing in it's waterproof case and charge it when I finish my ride.

We need another ride out soon Mick!!

Fergus
I have the body of an 18 year old...... I keep it in the freezer!!!! (Spike Milligan)

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #3 on: 02 June, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »
I have my GoPro's hard wired to my bikes; I use these, so yes it is possible to power them from the battery, that way you just need a decent SD card to record your whole ride.

:430:
*Originally Posted by NJD [+]
What exactly would you hard wire? The GoPro is an indepdant battery controlled camera free from wires.

You can mount a sticky pad to the bike, and put the GoPro on that?

The only bit you could actually do any wiring with was the charger, and that would mean cutting the O.E.M cable and rewiring it with some wire that had connectors that could fit onto the battery of the bike; but then why would you do that because all it would do is charge it, and I'm not sure you can use and charge the camera at the same time.

You stand to gain nothing, from what I understand.

There are camera systems designed to be bike mounted, but even the one that my local J&S were trying to push out of nowhere one week vanished the next.

Unless you have more details of what you had an idea of doing that could be expanded on.

GoPro mounted front and rear is probably as camera'd up as you'd need to get, but would be a pain charging them both all the time. Removing them. Clearing the SD card. Turning them on and checking their recording etc.
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Online Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: 02 June, 2020, 09:27:31 PM »
Thanks Ian Robbo1,Ive heard of other people having their go pro hardwired to their bike battery and wondered if it was a hard job to do or a shop job.I had a 3 week trip to Turkey planned for this year and thought it would be the best way without having to recharge everyday.
Yes Fergus we should get out again soon,give me a call when your free.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #5 on: 02 June, 2020, 10:41:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ianrobbo1 [+]
I have my GoPro's hard wired to my bikes; I use these, so yes it is possible to power them from the battery, that way you just need a decent SD card to record your whole ride. Here's a link to a Gopro housing. similar to the three I use.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROtastic-Waterproof-Battery-Eliminator-USB-Power-Cable-for-GoPro-Hero3-Action/202981616526?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

:430:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

diverse-leafy