Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My Engine runs on 3 cylinders Hjelp.  (Read 342 times)

Offline Jan-Magne

• Bike: Cbf 1000
  • City / Town: Halden
My Engine runs on 3 cylinders Hjelp.
« on: 17 May, 2020, 09:47:38 PM »
Hello. I am New here on cbf 1000 forum and hope for assistance. My cbf 1000 2009 mod has started to goes on 3 cyls. My cylinder nr 2 stays cold exhaust bend when I let it idle. If I increase the speed then the exhaust bends start to get hotter but I hear the engine still does not run at all 4. Syl.  I have tried and inserted new spark plugs. Then it went nicely for a few minutes but the cheating continues. Now it is cheating permanently. Put back the old sparkplug but Notting  changes.  I need help. Does anyone have a good idea. .?. PS. Tryd to uce startgas in air filter- nothing  changes....?? I've measured spark plug cables to 5k ohms. everyone is the same. When I stretch the spark plug cord out of the coil they sparkle min 10 mm
Jan Magne. Ps2. Google english sorry
« Last Edit: 17 May, 2020, 09:55:07 PM by Jan-Magne »

Offline spinspin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Re: My Engine runs on 3 cylinders Hjelp.
« Reply #1 on: 18 May, 2020, 05:38:06 PM »
Hello, bad news about your cylinder number 2. As I'm sure you know you already know you need 4 things for the cylinder to fire, Fuel, Air, Compression, Spark. Sounds like you've got a spark so I'd check the compression next. If you don't have a compression tester, then as basic as this sounds if you push your finger (or a bit of cloth wrapped round a socket extension pushed down with 1 finger) over the spark plug gap and it blows it away you have compression. All things being well I'd then try the injector unit and see if the injectors are blocked. Before I took them off its worth checking the hoses haven't perished, or come off because it could be letting air in and running a super lean mix, hopefully it's something simple!

diverse-leafy