Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cheaper Insurance  (Read 311 times)

Offline Kentcolin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000GT
  • City / Town: Rochester
Cheaper Insurance
« on: 03 May, 2020, 11:19:43 AM »
 As the number of motorcycles and cars on the road has dramatically decreased during lockdown  surely the number of insurance claims has also decreased. Can we look forward to cheaper insurance premiums when we renew our policies ? I would love to think so but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: 03 May, 2020, 11:21:13 AM by Kentcolin »

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
Re: Cheaper Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 03 May, 2020, 11:27:51 AM »
You're more likely to see a leprechaun carrying a bunch of 4 leafed clover riding on a unicorn

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 03 May, 2020, 12:43:36 PM »
Any reduction in claims during Lockdown will have no bearing on premiums after Lockdown. Premiums will, as always, be based on prevailing risks. So expect marginally lower premiums during Lockdown with normal service being resumed some time later.

Offline Kentcolin

• CBF Member
« Reply #3 on: 03 May, 2020, 12:58:51 PM »
I know that one of the big car insurers have promised  customers  , I think,  £20 off their next renewal as a result of fewer claims.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: 03 May, 2020, 01:38:30 PM »
£20 is a violet beer voucher or a full tank of go go juice and should not be sneezed at but don't let that keep you from shopping around. I check the market at every renewal even though my mo'cycle premiums have been about the same for the last 6 years and best value has been with Just Motorcycle Insurance year on year. My car insurance premiums have been pretty much the same too with their sister broker Just Motor Insurance, maybe I'm just a good fit for their low risk driver profile.
« Last Edit: 03 May, 2020, 01:39:17 PM by Art »

Offline Kentcolin

• CBF Member
« Reply #5 on: 03 May, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »
Art, you're right to shop around.  Be Wiser insure my car and bike and at renewal time they quote slightly ridiculous sums to renew . I use a comparison website to get some quotes which I  then quote to Be Wiser to get my premium reduced to roughly what it was paying the previous year..

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #6 on: 03 May, 2020, 05:40:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bluefox [+]
You're more likely to see a leprechaun carrying a bunch of 4 leafed clover riding on a unicorn

Love it,Bluefox! You clearly have a realistic & practical understanding of how greed & the insurance world survives.Perhaps they could all be rounded up to pick the crops in our fields for a couple of months or so to reconnect themselves with the really important values in this life.Ed. :084:

diverse-leafy