Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oil warning light on after battery change  (Read 213 times)

Offline Davy

• Bike: CBF1000 A6
Oil warning light on after battery change
« on: 30 April, 2020, 11:49:13 PM »
Hi, I replaced the battery on the CBF1000 A6 with a new one (YTZ10S). Now when I turn the ignition on the oil warning light comes on and stays on until the engine is started then it goes out. What's going on?

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Oil warning light on after battery change
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2020, 11:59:05 PM »
Does the neutral warning light stay on until you put it in gear?

Offline Davy

• Bike: CBF1000 A6
« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2020, 12:31:55 AM »
Problem solved - I think. Owner's manual P.12 says the oil light should be on when the ignition is on and the engine is not running. Once the engine is started the light should go out which it does. Thanks for the reply. I think it was a false alarm.

Offline moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2015 MK 2 CBF
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
 :087:

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: 01 May, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »
I wouldn't ignore this, if I was a gambling man I'd wager this may be associated with that old chestnut 'stator failure', an early warning if you like!

It is well documented that every stator failure recorded by Honda under the 7 year extended warranty scheme was preceded by the phenomenon we now know as TTI (Tell Tale Illumination). The symptoms are unmistakable where when the ignition is turned on most of the tell tale warning lights come on. These are the oil warning light, the ignition warning light and the ABS warning light, as a double check for TTI the PGM-FI light flashes once (watch carefully or you may miss it). Just as you say, as soon as the engine fires up all the lights go out, some older bikes are known to suffer from sticky lights where one or two of the lights remain on but eventually go out once you set off down the road.

If you have these exact same symptoms get the battery, stator and regulator/rectifier checked and tested ASAP.