Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fault reader  (Read 341 times)

Offline Scootyman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • City / Town: Dunfermline
Re: Fault reader
« Reply #10 on: 27 April, 2020, 01:53:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
@Scootyman I just watched the FJR1300 and some other YouTube videos on balancing throttle bodies on fuel injected systems and they don't appear to me to be doing a proper job. What they are doing is balancing the throttle bodies at idle, if watch the vacuum gauges as they snap the throttle you'll see as the RPM's rise the balance is all over the place. I think it is for this reason Honda advises to leave the factory set throttle bodies as they are. I'm thinking what will happen here if you alter the balance at idle you will create an imbalance further up the RPM range.

Whenever I have balanced a set of throttle bodies, I have found that there is usually one of the four throttle bodies that has been factory set and you leave that particular one well alone and set the rest from that one. Itís usually marked in any case and Iím sure there are fully trained Honda tech guys or maybe dealership owners etc on here that could clarify that point. From there you then balance the rest with that one preset throttle body. Iím guessing there are a number of factors that could explain why the FJR 1300 was showing an imbalance under acceleration from a leak at the inlet manifold to dirt in the throttle body or maybe even a compression difference between cylinders so itís hard to say why that would be and maybe in this case a possible red herring. However, You make a valid point with the importance of knowing what you are doing before tinkering with the engine. Iíll have to watch that video again as I think I watched it some time ago and might kill 10 minutes of lockdown time.

Offline Sean o caoimh

• Bike: Tiger 800
  • City / Town: Cork
Re: Fault reader
« Reply #11 on: 27 April, 2020, 03:54:47 PM »
Art,
     Thanks for all the info . I will be ordering the Haynes manual,( print version). I didn't mean dealertool would automatically bleed the system! as you say , the brakes still have to be bleed as normal , of course.
                           Thanks again,
                                          Johnny.

diverse-leafy