Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lockdown Servicing  (Read 413 times)

Offline Crispy

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Lockdown Servicing
« Reply #10 on: 25 April, 2020, 11:36:32 PM »
Spent a couple of hours giving my chain a good clean using a chain brush and some left over Meguiarís all over cleaner. Must have done quite a few revolutions of the chain (it takes longer than expected to get back to the split pin again) until there was nothing dirty.

I normally lube my chain with dry lube on the outer plates, and oil can and scottoiler oil on each individual link. Since the scottollier oil has run out, Iíve now used the Wurth drylube on the entire chain, spray left then right, and two coats - both outer plates and also upper and inner links. Also tightened the chain to 20mm at the tightest point. And wiped off any excess lube.

Got to say, with new plugs and fully lubed chain, the Bifferís a different machine  :156:

Love it  :007:

Iíll have to bite the bullet and remove the exhaust again to respray the centre stand. Itíll just have to wait until it starts raining again.
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Lockdown Servicing
« Reply #11 on: 26 April, 2020, 01:33:44 AM »
I find that any form of maintenance has a feel good factor about it and the bike always seems to have that little extra about it.

The swingarm now has its third coat, not as I would like but it is what it is and I've decided it will do and its back on. Surprisingly it looks much better on than it did sun bathing on the lawn. Having removed the rear brake pivot and foot pegs for greasing I'm now waiting on the post for some split pins ordered off ebay to replace the tired pins removed. All easier to do before the foot peg brackets go back on. So with the rear end on hold I cleaned the chain too, spray with paraffin, agitate with a nail brush, wipe down with an oily rag and finished off with a luxury spray of Halfords chain wax that has been sitting on the shelf for too long.

This swingarm has been a journey but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Happy Days ahead

diverse-leafy