Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gear Indicator  (Read 696 times)

Offline ToonCBF

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 GT
  • City / Town: Market Harboroug
Re: Gear Indicator
« Reply #10 on: 17 April, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »
Thanks for all the info!! I will let you know when I have taken the plunge!!

Toon
I have the body of an 18 year old...... I keep it in the freezer!!!! (Spike Milligan)

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #11 on: 28 April, 2020, 09:11:50 PM »
Gear indicator has arrived, it was Ł23.26 on eBay.
I have done a temporary fit. Managed to pass the wire under the tank next to the original ones, by sending a single spare wire first, then pulling the new ones through by taping them to it. I had seen this method described on the forum, not sure if I followed them correctly but seems to be good.
Calibrated the indicator with bike on the main stand. Was easy enough to do. Went for a little ride just around the block as I wanted to see it working on the road. All working properly. How much I use it, or how long it lasts only time will tell, but at the moment happy with it.
Also temp fit of charging led. 10mm led, 3 colours, green , yellow and red. Bike showing green when running indicating all is well. Next a permanent fit.

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
« Reply #12 on: 09 May, 2020, 06:10:16 PM »
Made another dash to mount the accessories. I had the gear indicator stuck on top at first, then decided to fit it from underneath to make it look less of a add on, so to speak. Black plastic cut from a car bumper/skirt ( underneath bit at the front), then held in position with two 6mm bolts in the threads already on the bike, as explained by another member on the forum.

Offline timbig

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000TA
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #13 on: 09 May, 2020, 08:40:47 PM »
that looks a proper job, a great idea.

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 10 May, 2020, 04:45:17 PM »
Thanks. I was thinking by doing it this way if I did anything wrong in cutting or drilling, I could throw it away and start again, which I did, twice. Also it could be removed completely if the time came, and everything would be back to square one.
The gear indicator was plug and play, no wires to cut. The led charging indicator I ran straight from the battery with an in-line fuse, but then added a on /off switch under the pillion seat, so not having to join into any existing wiring, didn’t have that confidence. Only switch it off overnight.