Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Broken downpipes  (Read 504 times)

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000
  • City / Town: LEEDS
Broken downpipes
« on: 03 April, 2020, 09:16:11 PM »
Hi guys, newb here. Been using this forum for about 12 months for advise and such, thanks all. Now I can't seem to find an answer which is strange. I have a mk1, today having a look round noticed the left exhaust was a little loose. When I slackened it off to make sure it was seated the little bugger fell off. I found the pipe From the collector has rotten and snapped off, so with that I'm in a bit of a pickle. Is there anyone online that does a set of aftermarket pipes? (ebay has failed me) I've been looking for a few hours and can't Find :172: all. Your help will be greatly appreciated  :152:

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Broken downpipes
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2020, 10:51:12 PM »
Title is broken downpipes, but then you mention pipe from collector box, and then aftermarket pipes. Which bit/s is it you're after?

New 4 into 1, and aftermarket cans?

Is the exhaust can and its own pipe ok? Other than where it fell off the collector?

Could you get the 4-1 off and have a welder fabricate a repair on the collector, or is it well past that stage? (It may not even need to come off for a repair).

Ebay will have the 4-1 and exhaust cans from time to time. Also, put a note on the 'wanted board' & check the 'for sale' board here on the forum.

2nd hand is obviously cheaper.

Plenty of makes do new aftermarket cans, but be prepared to put your hand in your pocket for new!

« Last Edit: 03 April, 2020, 11:14:29 PM by Shed »

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2020, 12:33:50 AM »
The down pipes and collector box are 1. The original Honda part is obsolete so need after market. The cans are fine, its the pipe from the collector box that's broken off. I don't want to go for a 4-1 pipe as I like how it is and would prefer to keep it original. I would rather just buy some and replace them, I could repair them myself given places were open to get supplies. I will have to take the pipes off and asses whats needed but again nowhere is open. Like I say, would prefer to just get another set and have it right.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: 04 April, 2020, 01:37:29 AM »
Downpipes for a MKI will be rarer than hens teeth even from a breakers.
« Last Edit: 04 April, 2020, 01:38:03 AM by Art »

Offline Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #5 on: 04 April, 2020, 01:46:46 AM »
Give Southern Superbike Spares a ring 01342 458 113 or email them at info@southernsuperbikes.co.uk

Looking at eBay it seems as if they are breaking a 2009 CBF 1000

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: 04 April, 2020, 08:42:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
Give Southern Superbike Spares a ring 01342 458 113 or email them at info@southernsuperbikes.co.uk
Looking at eBay it seems as if they are breaking a 2009 CBF 1000

It's a hell of a lot better than this unholy aberration. Wtf?   :005: :008:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-cbf-1000-complete-or-may-break/293531087881?hash=item4457d0f409:g:qxkAAOSw0~5eg2Fc

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #7 on: 04 April, 2020, 11:03:47 PM »
Doesn't even look like (it was ever) a cbf1000.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #8 on: 05 April, 2020, 04:58:02 AM »
Its a broken CBR.

If I was a gambling man I'd wager its being flipped, judging by the marker pen description on the instrument panel it looks as if it comes via a breakers yard.

That's eBay at its worse for you, read the advert and study the pictures carefully as this one proves. At least its listed under 'Other Motorcycle Parts". Proper chancer "complete or may break" it's some way off complete unless it comes with a crate of bits and its already broken!

Spoiling it for the genuine sellers.

« Last Edit: 05 April, 2020, 04:59:01 AM by Art »

Offline Biffmk1

• CBF Member
« Reply #9 on: 05 April, 2020, 07:48:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
Its a broken CBR.

If I was a gambling man I'd wager its being flipped, judging by the marker pen description on the instrument panel it looks as if it comes via a breakers yard.

That's eBay at its worse for you, read the advert and study the pictures carefully as this one proves. At least its listed under 'Other Motorcycle Parts". Proper chancer "complete or may break" it's some way off complete unless it comes with a crate of bits and its already broken!

Spoiling it for the genuine sellers.

Was going to say, it looks like an old cbr. It's nothing like a cbf  :112: