Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyre pressure 42 psi cold  (Read 198 times)

Offline Jon the mow

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Newport s wales
Tyre pressure 42 psi cold
« on: 28 March, 2020, 11:33:45 AM »
Can i assume this is for an average solo rider, and Iíd put more in for a heavy load, 42 psi cold is on the side of the tyre (not prefixed with MAX)

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Tyre pressure 42 psi cold
« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »
Both pics from the MK1 Honda manual. No difference according to Honda, or you could check & see what your specific tyre manufacturer says.

Personally, I've always had them at 36 & 42 regardless of load, whether just me, or fully panniered up with top box doing the NC500 and never had any troubles.  :028:

Offline Jon the mow

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 28 March, 2020, 05:39:46 PM »
Thanks  Sheíd, I made the same assumption,until someone told me years ago, that the tyre manufacturer pressure rating was the most important number, itís only now Iím on 2 wheels that Iím taking notice, it didnít seem quite so important before, Iím hoping someone here may work for a tyre company and reveal the proper info🤔👍 myguess itís what the tyre sails

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: 28 March, 2020, 08:05:21 PM »
I wouldn't dwell or worry about it too much Jon.   :084:

The manual says 36 & 42. Some tyre manufacturers tell you to top up a bit when loaded, some don't, and tyre manufacturers also just refer you back to your own bikes manual.  :035:

I've got seven different makes of tyre pressure gauge in the garage and no two of them give exactly the same reading. I tend to use 2 of them the most as my 'favourite' gauges. As long as it's showing 36 & 42 that's good enough for me.

Some people stick an extra 1 or 2 psi in when loaded up, and I say fine to that too. It all works.  :028:

Offline Jon the mow

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 28 March, 2020, 09:40:00 PM »
Good enough for me