Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Do members meet up  (Read 251 times)

Offline Jon the mow

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Newport s wales
Do members meet up
« on: 26 March, 2020, 09:17:39 AM »
do any cbf members living n the newport s wales area go out for rides together NOT AT THE MOMENT  OBVIOUSLY

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
Re: Do members meet up
« Reply #1 on: 26 March, 2020, 03:48:23 PM »
There used to be a lot of meet ups in the early years of the forum but that seems to have died down. I went to a few of them but they were both very large groups which I expect took a lot of organising and keeping together on group rides. I prefer smaller groups of say 10 or less where you can get to know people better.

Offline Jon the mow

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 26 March, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »
No worries, I’ll put the feelers out when the time is right, I have enjoyed solo rides so far , just taking a left or right when the feeling takes me, thanks for the reply though 👍

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2020, 09:15:04 AM »
Would be good to meet with others every now and then, even if someone was going to a bike cafe etc as a ride destination, an idea of the time that they expected to be there, other riders could make their own way there if it is within distance.
Nothing major, just a quick post the day before you are going, or something like that.
I will try it when we are allowed out again.

Offline Jon the mow

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2020, 10:59:28 AM »
Can’t fault the enthusiasm. But even meeting halfway would be a testing ride😱😱

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #5 on: 27 March, 2020, 01:05:12 PM »
True, Jon the mow. However looking at a central place to meet, the NMA, National Memorial Arboretum, near Burton-on-Trent would be good. However that could take a little more arranging depending upon numbers. The NMA, is where the annual RTTW (Ride to the wall). takes place, many will probably know or have been as it is an event for anyone to attend.
P.S. Jon, I was at a rally at Taffs Well Rugby Club last July, rained nearly all the way down, probably not far from you.

diverse-leafy