Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stator finally failed  (Read 148 times)

Offline ivor hugh jarse

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Barnsley
Stator finally failed
« on: 21 March, 2020, 04:55:51 PM »
I'd been expecting a stator fail since I bought the bike with 8,000 and it finally went today at 21,142 miles - probably not a record but far better than I ever imagined.

I was at a localish haunt Squires Milk Bar Sherburn and got a bump start then did the 25 miles home on slightly higher revs and it got me to my garden gate.. I had to switch it off to go in the house and it only clicked when I returned to it

The last few times I've been out its bogged down a little on start up and also it feels i'm fighting a headwind on a still day if you know what I mean its not quite its sparky self until it on higher revs

I'm not even testing it...  I've found one on Wemoto by Electrex at £103.63 - are there savings anywhere on stators?.. not pennies but £10 or £20 saved would buy beer instead
« Last Edit: 21 March, 2020, 04:57:46 PM by ivor hugh jarse »
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: Stator finally failed
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »
You could check out electrexworld (.co.uk) for their longer lead one (G112).  Used to be £95 but that was a while ago.

I'd still charge you battery (it'll thank you) and test it though.  Yeah, okay, charge the battery and order one and then maybe test it while waiting.

Also worth mentioning here (to other folk - although we seem to lose fewer now) that pulling the headlight fuse will extend your time alive.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.