Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 545 times)

Online Kentcolin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000GT
  • City / Town: Rochester
Coronavirus
« on: 10 March, 2020, 09:01:42 AM »
It's all a bit doom and gloom at the moment with experts,and others, telling us what we should and shouldn't do regarding the virus but surely riding a motorbike  is a pretty safe thing to do. Fill up at a self service petrol station, go for a ride and  we don't actually come into contact with anybody .Plus,of course,as we all know,we'll feel better afterwards ! Ride safe

Offline Steelworker

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2009 1000ABS
  • City / Town: London
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: 11 March, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »
What I'm concerned about are this years bike rallies.
I go to about 7 or 8 weekend camping bike events from April to September. The really big ones like the MCN Peterborough show
could well be pulled.
I always like to pre book tickets, but is that a good idea right now?
I'd appreciate anyone hearing about any bike events being cancelled or postponed to let us all know.
This could have serious financial repercussions for event organisers ,let's hope this wierdness blows itself out asap.

Offline john 087

• CBF Member
  • City / Town: munster
« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2020, 08:03:41 PM »
here in Ireland any thing more than a hundred people at an a event is cancelled till the end of the month

Offline alfau

• Bike: Cbf 1000A 2008
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2020, 05:51:05 AM »
A distraction of focus :- this applies to Australia but you can expect similar.

to get the message watch it all

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6140060824001
« Last Edit: 16 March, 2020, 06:10:03 AM by alfau »

Offline Crispy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2020, 09:25:34 PM »
The virus has ruined all my plans for March, first both the MotoGP Qatar and Thailand races have been cancelled, and now the Manchester Bike Show at the end of the month. That after 3 months of near continuous rain. This month I’ll be mostly spending my time on the forum and in the garage with my spanners and the Biffer.  :233:
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline Steelworker

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2009 1000ABS
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #5 on: 17 March, 2020, 02:17:18 PM »
The idea of self isolating in my bike workshop with loads of cd's ( Hendricks,Stones ect.) and copious quantities of alcohol,does have a certain appeal!

Offline ToonCBF

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 GT
  • City / Town: Market Harboroug
« Reply #6 on: 17 March, 2020, 03:30:50 PM »
I self isolated yesterday for a couple of hours, however I did interact with a human when ordering my cuppa at my stop off at Rutland Water Cafe, but then went outside and re-self isolated. Was fantastic not hearing people banging on about this bloody virus, only the noise of the wind and my Hawk cans on the biffer!!!
I have the body of an 18 year old...... I keep it in the freezer!!!! (Spike Milligan)

diverse-leafy