Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Indicator fail  (Read 1181 times)

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: Indicator fail
« Reply #10 on: 21 March, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »
To confirm, your photograph is of the 'options' plus.

Whilst useful, I'd suggest you put that back. 
Concentrate on the indicator-relay plug as you know where it is etc. and there is less confusion everywhere and there will be four terminals there.

Back to [1] Unplug the indicator-relay, have you 2x +12v there with ignition ON.  Have you a good 0v there (continuity to battery -ve) - solid green wire.

Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
« Reply #11 on: 21 March, 2020, 05:33:28 PM »
Let me see if this works, a simplified diagram.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1EEgCv8BRavNFsra7

Ah no, but you can click it and see the jpeg.
- why is that not working for me today ?

Anyway, without any additions.  The hazard switch simply connect the grey to or and lb together but for a straight forward doesn't work at all I'd ignore it for now.  The options does have Or & Lb there from the read sub-loom, but again - ignore.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
« Reply #12 on: 21 March, 2020, 06:08:31 PM »

Defeated, stuck it in the gallery.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
« Reply #13 on: 02 April, 2020, 10:25:45 AM »
 :465: Did you sort this?

The only way for a fuse  to blow by jumping the White/Green and the Grey wires is for the Grey wire to be shorting to Ground or, if the ignition and indicators or hazards were switched on the short could also be in one or other of the orange or light blue wires to the indicators.

Which fuse, 10A or 20A, failed?

Offline Yata

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FAC GT
  • City / Town: Holmfirth
« Reply #14 on: 16 April, 2020, 10:13:34 PM »
Sorry for the late reply with this lockdown and being a key worker I've been busy

*Originally Posted by Art [+]
:465: Did you sort this?

The only way for a fuse  to blow by jumping the White/Green and the Grey wires is for the Grey wire to be shorting to Ground or, if the ignition and indicators or hazards were switched on the short could also be in one or other of the orange or light blue wires to the indicators.

Which fuse, 10A or 20A, failed?

Unfortunately I had to take it to the garage to solve it, there was massive deterioration on a connector (suspected salt from the road) it created a link that allowed a resistance connection with the multimeter (false positive)

Looking to go thru the wiring and protect them from the salt as I ride all year round (however that may be)
« Last Edit: 16 April, 2020, 10:15:03 PM by Yata »

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
« Reply #15 on: 17 April, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »
 :003:

Hands on diagnostics and hindsight, we live we learn. The annoying thing is the clues were all here - low voltage at the relay and blowing a fuse on the relay bypass test. Unclear if the resistance to ground had any bearing here did the garage mention this?

I'm an all year rider too and after riding in heavy rain I spray Triple QX maintenance spray (similar to WD40 but half the price, other maintenance sprays are available as they say) here and there and wipe it down with an oily rag where I can reach. Mainly the drive chain (re-lube it too), rear brake switch, headstock wiring, behind the throttle bodies and under the fuel tank. Whatever the weather I re-spray the maintenance spray every 4 to 6 weeks.

Happy Days ahead