Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar Risers  (Read 296 times)

Offline ToonCBF

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 GT
  • City / Town: Market Harboroug
Bar Risers
« on: 28 February, 2020, 01:08:09 PM »
Hi All,

When I bought the Biffer it was fitted with bar risers, and whilst it gives me a very comfortable ride, I feel like I am sitting up a bit to straight.

My question is, does anyone have any wrist or back trouble with the standard bars with no Risers, I am contemplating removing them.....

Thanks for your input

Toon!!
I have the body of an 18 year old...... I keep it in the freezer!!!! (Spike Milligan)

Online Kentcolin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000GT
  • City / Town: Rochester
Re: Bar Risers
« Reply #1 on: 28 February, 2020, 01:25:51 PM »
I have   a Mk2 Cbf with standard bars and have had no problems with backache or aching wrists  even on 300 mile days.  I'm 5ft 8in and the bike has a MRA screen which is higher than the  original.
« Last Edit: 28 February, 2020, 02:03:48 PM by Kentcolin »

Offline NJD

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2020, 07:06:19 PM »
Only time I get wrist pain is on the left hand when sitting in heavy traffic with the clutch pulled in for a long time. From what I can gauge the CBF likes to be constantly on the move. Easily fixable: just rev everyone out the way and filter when any signs of heavy traffic are on the horizon.

Back, no. Rear suspension is adjustable with the c-spanner included in the O.E.M toolkit and that may help with comfort. Rider seat height is adjustable, too, so that may help with comfort also. As above screen height is adjustable so that will help with comfort too.

How you're holding the bars may be a contributing factor to hand pain.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2020, 09:58:19 PM »
Have you rotated the brake and clutch  levers so that when your fingers are rested on top of the levers they form a straight line with the back of your hand, wrist and forearm?

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
« Reply #4 on: 29 February, 2020, 03:42:47 PM »
No probs. All good with standard set up, screen set on low to stop wind bufferting. 5ft 9ins tall. Done many all day trips only stopping for petrol food etc. And I have had back trouble in the past (but not on the bike).
« Last Edit: 29 February, 2020, 03:45:31 PM by Piper »