Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: FUEL pump issue on MKII  (Read 243 times)

Offline Mark91

• Bike: CBF-1000 SC64
  • City / Town: Markaz
FUEL pump issue on MKII
« on: 26 February, 2020, 11:28:46 PM »
Hello Guys,

I have a MKII with 56000 km. If I leave the bike for example for a week or 3-4 days it really hard to start. When I switch the igniton on I hear an unusual priming sound, and hard to start the engine, and there is an annoying vibration around 3500-4000 rpm.
I have an other experience: I left the bike again 3-4 days, and switch the ignition on, and before the starting I switched the kill switch (red button)
on-off twice and the priming sound went usual and the bike started easily. I usually use injector cleaner and the petrol is fresh.

So what is your opinon, is it a fuel pump problem?

Thank you for your helps.
Mark

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: FUEL pump issue on MKII
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2020, 09:48:38 AM »
I'd stop using the injector cleaner and run some tests on the battery and charging system.

Check voltage level, holding charge, standby current drain, load test and charging.

Offline Mark91

« Reply #2 on: 27 February, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »
I do not use injector cleaner for every refuelling.
The voltage level and the chargeing is fine. My battery is new, and I replaced my strator last year, so my charging is 13,5-14 V around 2000 Rpm.
The starter motor works easily and perfectly.
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2020, 12:13:59 PM by Mark91 »

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
I wouldn't use injector cleaner at all. The exception being if using E10 (10% ethanol) fuel then I'd use it every 8,000 miles. Note you only need to use about 4 or 5 ml per litre, about 85 ml per CBF tank which is about a third to a quarter of the average bottle of additive, check application instructions to be sure, to be sure.

Generally speaking the first sign a fuel pump is about to fail is that it becomes noisier, you may also notice a hesitation on hard acceleration but you still need to prove it before throwing hard earned at it.

Check battery voltage >12.6
Check fuel flow rate > 0.2L per 10 seconds

Offline Mark91

« Reply #4 on: 27 February, 2020, 05:39:41 PM »
I never use E10 petrol, I always try to refuel premium 100 fuel, because the most of 95 petrols are not to good.
And Yes, I know, I have to pay attention for the correct mix ratio of the injector cleaner. But I think if the injector cleaner would be my problem, the bike would be O.K when I do not use the cleaner.

Bdw: My charging voltage:13,5-14 V
Battery calm voltage: 12,9 V
I have to check the fuel flow.

And yes, all the pumps have a whisting sound, but when I use it first, my pump sound's like that it is running dry. And after the second priming sound hearing that: it is starting pumping fuel.