Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch slave cylinder - torque settings  (Read 194 times)

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Clutch slave cylinder - torque settings
« on: 15 February, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »
The three (2+1) mounting bolts.
Does anyone have these written down, genuine values ?  (Please state source.)

Yet again I've done mine up as per the Honda instructions ("Install and tighten the bolts [2] securely.") yet I'm unable to read their values anywhere.  Currently at about a minor oomph (c.8-9Nm, greased) - and they didn't come loose last time!

Mine is a mkII but I've also been through the mkI book (pdf) now (as likely the same) and no values to be seen.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Clutch slave cylinder - torque settings
« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2020, 07:27:57 PM »
That is correct there are no recommended torque settings for the slave cylinder bolts. Just give them a nip bearing in mind its a steel bolt into an aluminium casing so don't over do it. As with any steel bolts into aluminium casings give the threads a light coat of a molybdenum anti-seize such as ‘Molyslip’s Alumslip’ or similar. This will provide insulation between the steel and aluminium reducing the risk of electron transfer and the two metals welding themselves together.