Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member  (Read 539 times)

Offline Leanstreak

• Bike: Honda CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Thirsk
« on: 21 January, 2020, 08:02:01 AM »
Hello,I have just discovered your site this morning and have enjoyed what Iíve seen. Iím a very proud owner of a CBF 1000 on an 08 plate which I bought last April 19 following 50 years of non biking.  I get out as often as I can even at this time of year what with living ďUp NorthĒ and Iím pleased to say along with my lady wife who, until I got the bike, didnít realise how much she would enjoy it. Cheers   
Leanstreak ☺️

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 21 January, 2020, 08:15:07 AM »
 :405:

Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy the bike and the forum, lots of help and useful info on here.
Lots of lovely roads to ride and enjoy ď up northĒ  itís a bonus that the wife is liking getting out on the bike as well.
A bit cold but weather not too bad at the moment. Take advantage of the dry roads while you can.
                  :028:

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: 21 January, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
 :730: :730:

Ah, The White Horse chippy in Thirsk... :053:

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 22 January, 2020, 10:26:34 AM »
When in Yorkshire I've always stayed on the Yorkshire Dales side of the A1(M), Manor Bike Cafe, The Hawes Chippy, Devils Bridge Tea Hut. The Summer tour for 2020 is a tour of Scotland before they leave the UK. A sketchy 'plan A' being a couple of days in and around the North Yorkshire Moors. On the cards so far are Cravens Motorcycle Museum, Seaways Cafe and taking on the B1257 just to compare it with its almost name sake the B1057 Great Dunmow to Haverill.

Any further suggestions welcome

Offline chay

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Red 2014 MkII GT
  • City / Town: Tranent
« Reply #4 on: 22 January, 2020, 05:09:52 PM »
Hi Art. What routes do you have planned for your trip to Ecosse?
Full luggage, Metzeler Z8s (lots of tread left but squared off after 5k miles).

Offline Leanstreak

• Bike: Honda CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Thirsk
« Reply #5 on: 22 January, 2020, 05:41:09 PM »
Hi Art, yes, youíll enjoy the B 1257 but remember itís a very popular ride and because of that it does attract certain vehicles with cameras!  If you would like to impress the locals the village en-route of Chop Gate is pronounced Chop Yat. Have a good safe
 trip to Scotland.
Leanstreak ☺️

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: 22 January, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
And after your B1257 blast, nip through Helmsley about 12 miles along to Cropton for refreshments (and brewery tour available)  :063::

http://www.newinncropton.co.uk/the-brewery/

The New Inn & Cropton Brewery, Cropton, nr Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8HH

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #7 on: 24 January, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »
All noted for the North Yorkshire Moors, not sure there'll be time enough for a Brewery tour but its a sobering thought, will have to stop off at Chop Gate if only to ask 'what's happening in and around Chop Yat'?

Sketchy Scotland itinerary so far includes Ben Nevis summit walk, Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge, Glenelg Ferry, Applecross, Stoer Head, Dunnet Head and Brora.