Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Glove cuffs, under or over  (Read 797 times)

Offline Jon the mow

• Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Newport s wales
Re: Glove cuffs, under or over
« Reply #10 on: 29 December, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »
A massive thank you for all the wisdom that 1000ís of hours in the seat/ saddle ( sorry not sure ) have given you all.as a Reynard sufferer( cold hands)itís my only real obstacle , but Iíll tell you one thing , Iíll take all the advice,put it all together, and beat the cold, thank you all , Jon w

Offline MohKraats

• Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Almere
« Reply #11 on: 02 January, 2020, 10:59:44 AM »
Well, to my experience,
When commuting an 80km stretch day in day out, all year round,
When in a downpoor, or just steady rain all ride, I need to have my cuffs in my jacket sleeves, to prevent the water to run from my jacket sleeves into my gloves. Is nice to be able to tighten your sleeve ends by the way, to keep the draft out.
Although this will also depend on how you sit on your bike.
With apehangers, I can imagine this problem to be non existing, however driving in heavy rain with apehangers probably is too.

Against the cold (no heated grips), I found out that the only thing that works, is having cloves that allow your fingers to touch, so, either all finders together, or by the two.
What also will help, is keeping your hands out of the wind with protectors like the off-road bikes tend to have.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #12 on: 02 January, 2020, 04:18:31 PM »
Just to clarify I was talking of winter conditions. The cuffs of my Frank Thomas Aqua or Buffalo Storm winter gloves would not fit inside a jacket sleeve. On the other hand (see what I did there) my Frank Thomas summer gloves would not fit over a jacket sleeve. So in conclusion winter gloves outside the sleeve, summer gloves inside the sleeve.

+1 for hand guards or better still handlebar muffs for all year, all season riding. The warmest scenario I'm told is muffs + heated grips but I've not found I needed anything more than my Oxford Bone Dry Muffs (now superseded by their Rainseal muffs). Note riding with handlebar muffs is a little different than without because you can't put you hands on/off the bars so easily, you need to slide them in/out of the muffs which takes a little practice to perfect. Muffs also need to be supported against the wind stream to prevent them collapsing onto the backs of your hands, for this I use simple lever guards (not to be confused with hand guards).

Offline Jon the mow

• Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Newport s wales
« Reply #13 on: 02 January, 2020, 05:50:21 PM »
A few people have mentioned muffs, so I did some reading, it seems they may get some serious consideration if cold hand syndrome persists, good gloves, heated grips and muffs, thatís got to be a winner,mind you their flippin ugly 😂😂

diverse-leafy