Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 06 Cbf1000 TPS query  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: 06 Cbf1000 TPS query
« Reply #20 on: 23 January, 2020, 07:02:30 PM »
 :028:
Great news Tony. Now you can start to enjoy this great bike, rather than worrying about it and losing confidence in it. Good times ahead  :730:

Offline Tony p

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda cbf1000
  • City / Town: Wallsend
« Reply #21 on: 30 January, 2020, 05:07:27 PM »
Well the excitement lasted 1 week. Took bike out for a run today. All good for around 20 miles, then F1 light back on with 8 flashes (indicating TP sensor issue) Crawled home Rang shop where the TPS set up and dyno check done. They've asked me to take it down tomorrow afternoon so they can plug it in and hopefully see what's really  going on.  I wont be beaten by this for now its just frustrating and starting to give me trust issues.

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
« Reply #22 on: 30 January, 2020, 11:11:19 PM »
 :232:  :157:  :042: Tony.

I hope they get it sussed for you this time. 

Offline Tony p

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda cbf1000
  • City / Town: Wallsend
« Reply #23 on: 31 January, 2020, 08:54:04 PM »
Ok so it went back in today - The lad was on with it for about half an hour. He just kept having to make slight adjustments to get the TPS set up right (tolerance's) - after a few tweaks the final one seemed to be a bit more settled. So I've jumped on it and gave it a good blast back home and dare I say it, it ran fine without triggering the F1 light.

He said if it happens again bring it back for another tweak, so I seem to have the support and understanding of the mechanic. I kind of got the impression when he was looking on the Honda sites for the correct set up readings they don't seem to be published as the TPS is part of the Whole throttle body unit.

Good news is the replacement TPS seems to be ok ( I thought i'd purchased a duffer) It just needed some tweaks to get its correct set up established. I'm confident FOR NOW.. watch this space.

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
« Reply #24 on: 02 February, 2020, 11:14:44 PM »
Back on the road Tony.  :028:

Let's hope it's sorted for good now.  :080:

diverse-leafy