Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello to all  (Read 400 times)

Offline C_b_bs

• Bike: CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: Wrabness
Hello to all
« on: 17 December, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »
Joined a while back when I first decided to get a bike for touring, at that time I was considering a GSX1250FA or Sprint 1050GT or the CBF100FA. So guess what? I'm now the proud owner of a 2013 CBF1000FA. Since purchasing the bike the square Bridgestone BT09 tyres have been replaced with Metzeler Z6 front and back. A new battery has been fitted. Also with a new top box with top rack and backrest for a cozy wife...

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: 17 December, 2019, 10:43:57 PM »
Hello and welcome. Got my bike in March, thought I was getting out plenty, but now winter is here I wish I had done more. Looking for good days on weekends now until the better weather comes along. Hope you enjoy your bike.

Offline C_b_bs

« Reply #2 on: 18 December, 2019, 08:55:42 AM »
If it's not ice or snow then I'm out and about if there's time. Pressure washer at the ready before putting her away is the worst bit  :190:

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 18 December, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »
Welcome to the world of the CBF neighbour.

Put it away used and abused, I'd only consider a low pressure wash in the depths of winter when the roads have been salted or if I've been across the Strood at high tide getting on or off Mersea Island. After riding in heavy rain it gets a dose of WD40 to disperse what water the heat off the engine fails to reach.

Offline C_b_bs

« Reply #4 on: 18 December, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »
Bike lives in the workshop so it has to be at clean'ish and sniff free. Horse and cow dung (curtacey if the local residence) can get quite iffy after a day or two  :001:

Offline wastegate

• CBF Member
  • Bike: gsxs1000 cbf1000
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #5 on: 18 December, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
Hi. Same here, I needed a 2 up tourer and all rounder and a month or so ago test rode a 2015 Bandit 1250 in a local shop. Loved the motor but the condition was poor and £400 more than a 2011 CBF1000FA. Have to say the CBF has exceeded all my expectations. Comfy, fuels nicely, creamy smooth lovely mid range torque, brakes well and nicely put together. Been out on it today and it just handled everything so so well from getting along a dual carriageway at a fair old lick to pot holed crap strewn tractor infested country lanes all wet and slimey with salt.

Like yourself Z8's replaced the original tyres that were so square you could sit a cup of tea on the rear.

For 2 up work you might find the rear spring way too soft, I run nearly max preload even 1 up ( but then, I am a fat git ) and 2 up you can hear the rear suspension start to quietly cry.

Washes up nicely and so much easier than lots of bikes I have owned.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

Offline edger

• CBF Master
« Reply #6 on: 18 December, 2019, 08:43:55 PM »
Another good choice  :401:
I always think a good coating of cow muck acts as a barrier to the dreaded road salt
That's what I always tell the car wash guys at the supermarket . :mfrlol: