Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motorcycle Usage Times  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Kamboskid

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: Chios, Greece
Re: Motorcycle Usage Times
« Reply #10 on: 31 December, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »
Hi,

had my biffer 1000 almost a year now and well impressed with it, not a perfect machine, but it ticks more boxes than any others I have owned before, including a 400/4 a blackbird, a vfr vtec, a gpz 900 r, all great bikes, but I intend to keep this for a few more years yet!

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
« Reply #11 on: 01 January, 2020, 01:37:40 PM »
Had my cbf1000 11 years now, bought new in 2008. Only use it occasionally these days for fun days out and short tours.  Used to do longer trips in Europe (Great bike on the Alpine Passes) when I first had it and on the Fazer I had before.
I did commute into London by bike for 8 years but that was over 10 years ago on a Kawasaki twins (ER5) Always kept bikes a long time in my senior years (well into my 60s now). When I was young I seldom kept a bike or car more than a year or two before getting restless.
Pete

Offline stevief

• Bike: 2011 CBF1000
  • City / Town: Colchester
« Reply #12 on: 07 February, 2020, 06:07:21 PM »
I have had my CBF1000FAB for a year and I find it the best I have found so far for my needs.
Primarily I need to ride to work at least 4 days a week which is a round trip into and across London that means about 4 hours on the bike each day.
The CBF is comfortable and very reliable, has enough speed for the motorway or dual carriageways and is slim enough and nimble enough to get through the stationary traffic and for filtering.
Recent bikes which I have had to try and do this have included: Kawasaki ER6F, BMW F800GT, Honda NC750X DCT, Yamaha Tracer 700, Triumph Sprint RS 955i, Kawasaki Versys 650 and Ducati ST3.
I guess the NC750X was just as good if not better than the CBF but it tried to kill me (shot forward for no reason when the DCT had a fit)

I'm still looking for something that works better for me and fits my needs better but I haven't found it yet so will stick with the CBF for the foreseeable.

Offline stu1000

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #13 on: 07 February, 2020, 06:55:00 PM »
I tested a BMW 1250 RS last weekend. Lovely bike but far too many expensive options that really should be standard equipment. The technology seemed to make the bike a bit lacking in character too. Fifteen grand!  :002:

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
« Reply #14 on: 08 February, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »
I've had my MK2 since 2012 (and it was my second MK2 and my third CBF). I haven't found anything better for general biking. It's light, well balanced, comfortable, has full luggage and enough power to do what I need.

On the other hand, I've also got a CB1300 - for the torque. It is wonderful. I don't do the "rev the guts out a bike to make it go" so it really suits me.
Once again, I haven't found another bike with the combination of torque and comfort.
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

diverse-leafy