Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust servo eliminator and servo bracket  (Read 369 times)

Offline wastegate

• Bike: gsxs1000 cbf1000
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
Exhaust servo eliminator and servo bracket
« on: 10 December, 2019, 12:00:34 PM »
Hi Guys. MkII 2011 FA bike. Did a search but only found the same question unanswered. I have fitted a silencer ( GPR and really nice mellow just slightly louder tone it is too ) and link pipe and removed the servo and replaced it with a Healtech eliminator. Balancer plate has gone too. All seems fine but the massive weird bracket that holds the servo looks like it could come off from the Honda parts list diagram. It may well be that it has the centre stand bolt going through it so a spacer would have to be made up and just wondering if anyone has done that?

No massive reason other than I like to ferckle with my new toys to get them as light and simple as possible to ride and maintain but it also seems to run a lot better around 2 - 3.3K rpm without the flapper valve.

Cheers
Wastey

Offline wastegate

Re: Exhaust servo eliminator and servo bracket
« Reply #1 on: 10 December, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
Just a picture of the exhaust in case anyone is interested.

Offline wastegate

« Reply #2 on: 13 December, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »
Just to add in case anyone else fits the eliminator box  ( and given it is smaller than the existing plug ) you can feed it back under the swingarm, behind the RHS footrest assembley and up under the right side cover where the starter solenoid is located. Saves leaving it under the rear swingarm where water/salt spray is harsh.

Tie wrapped it to the body of the brake switch to keep it away from the swingarm and just had to remove one small plastic clip under the right hand side to get more freeplay in the cable and loosen the footrest assembly.

Others may have done a better job but this way it looks neat and is much more protected.

Cheers
W

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: FJR1300A CBF1000
  • City / Town: Millgrove, ON
« Reply #3 on: 14 December, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »
I like your tail bag.... do you mind if I ask what brand that is?  Thanks.

Offline wastegate

« Reply #4 on: 15 December, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by raYzerman [+]
I like your tail bag.... do you mind if I ask what brand that is?  Thanks.

Its a 10 year old sw-motech branded KTM that just lived on my old bike for 36K miles ( hence rather faded ). Uses the older ion? connector ( rather then the evo on the tank bak ) and is made to bolt to a tank cap, but either would do. Expands to double the height and has been so useful over the years to carry the basics we need for a day out or when I was commuting to work ( oversuit, tyre foam can, visor wipes etc etc ) weighs nothing and easy for a pillion to get on/off.

Should to be bolted to a tank cap, so I cut a plate  from a 6mm black nylon sheet ( errr and still not tidied it up ), bolted the tank ring to it and used countersunk bolts down through the topbox mounts to bolt it to the rack. Works a treat and off in seconds using the cord as the same system to the tank bag. I can then unbolt the plate if I ever want to go back to the  topbox.

Sorry I dont know what the model of the bag it but the site is https://www.sw-motech-shop.co.uk

Hope that helps.

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: FJR1300A CBF1000
  • City / Town: Millgrove, ON
« Reply #5 on: 15 December, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »
That is very helpful.  I am familiar with the mounting system as I have one of their tank bags.  I wouldn't have thought to use it there.  Brilliant idea, thank you very much!

diverse-leafy