Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello to all.  (Read 611 times)

Offline paulsuecoll

• Bike: Honda CBF1000 FA
  • City / Town: Abergele
Hello to all.
« on: 28 November, 2019, 09:07:57 AM »
Hi.  My name is Paul and I live in Abergele North Wales (Scouser by birth).  Just traded my NT700 Deauville in for a 2016 Honda CBF1000 FA.  I also have a Honda CBR600F which I am to sell and wanted a bike that I can commute on but is also a bit sporty.  Initial impressions - seat not that comfy - any suggestions to improve?  May need a taller touring screen - again any comments/suggestions gratefully received.  Engine fab and responsive and looking forward to getting to know the bike more.  Thanks all.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Hello to all.
« Reply #1 on: 28 November, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »
Welcome. Oddly enough the Deuville was briefly on my short list when I got this CBF. I don't know what they did to the seat on the SC64 but my SC58 is good to sit on for 18 hour sorties on RBLR 1,000 milers. In fact its so comfortable I'm considering a 24 hour 1,500 miler next summer, oh yes.

On the screen front I've estimated by test of hand over screen that another 100mm, that's 4" in real money, would make a difference for me. That said I am vertically challenged compared to most on here who seem to tower at 6'+. I remain old school with a preference for wind in my hair, that is if I had enough hair left to catch the wind and I didn't have to wear a crash helmet every trip.

Happy Days none the less.

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Hello to all.
« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2019, 08:21:24 AM »
 :401:  :730: :730: