Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Instrument clear cover  (Read 535 times)

Offline Clangers

• Bike: 2009 CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Stockport
Instrument clear cover
« on: 21 November, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
I need to replace the clear cover on the instruments as the 2 black rubber buttons have died. My question is.....Are the buttons available separately? Or, can I remove the cover without taking the whole fairing off? It' s frustrating not being able to change the time or the trip recorder.
Thanks for any advice!

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Instrument clear cover
« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »
Everything is available separately, just not from Mr Honda who lists the dashboard as an assembly. If all else fails there are plenty of breakers listing them on eBay from £75 to silly money.

I think you have to remove the nose fairing to access the dashboard cover securing screws which means that the side fairings have to be removed too. Once you've removed the dashboard securing screws a good tug then releases the centre securing pin. The dashboard will then be exposed for you to remove and play with, have fun.

Offline Clangers

• Bike: 2009 CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Stockport
« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2019, 09:55:23 PM »
I managed to remove the clear cover and sorted the rubber button. All is now clean and working as it should. Thanks for the help. Cherrs
John

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 02 December, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »
Well done