Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bifferman is Back - Re-Registered on CBF1000 today (12/11/2019) as Bifferman 2  (Read 663 times)

Offline Bifferman 2

• City / Town: Leamington Spa
Owned my CBF1000 MK1 from August 2007 until I sold it towards the back end of 2017 to buy a M.G. Midget so that I could go places with Lesley, my wife, who would not go near a motorbike :027:

Have missed the forum very much so hopefully the Admin will let me return in peace. 

Just checked the DVLA vehicle info site to find that  "The Swan" is still in existance although I can not tell if the person I sold her to is the current owner.  Sold with a 100% very detailed service record which I still have on Excell to date of sale.  Sale mileage was just over 15,000 miles and the new owner was going to tour over Europe on her with a mate of his.  Seems that may not have happened  as the MOT mileage since my sale reads:  Aug 2017 - 15,051 miles;  July 2018 - 15,771 miles;  August 2018 - 15,916 miles Q was the bike re-sold and tested again only 1 month after passing in July :027: ;  July 2019 - 18,603 miles so at last The Swan is being used again :084:

Apart for a single intermittant fault in 1916 the bike was superb and was sold in close to perfect condition.

Whoever ownes her now I hope you are a member on here and you are looking after her as I did during her first 10 years of life.  IF the current owner is not the person I sold the old girl to send me a PM and I should be able to give you hjer background and full service history during my 10 year tenure.

:031:

Andy
AKA Bifferman 2

p.s.  When I signed out for the then last time I had something in excess of 15,000 posts.  The post count now reads 13,028, what has happened to approx 2000 posts chaps :087:

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Hi and welcome.  You'll find us a friendly bunch here and a wealth of information should you choose to use the search engine effectively.

:420:

Who are you again ???

:007:  Welcome back - are you buying another ? ? ? ? ?
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
Can I interest you, or indeed the original Bifferman, in a lightly used Mk2 in white?  :001:
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Welcome back.

Service history saved in Excel spreadsheets?? You're not alone and more should follow the practice. I too record in Excel workbooks. I record everything that is done at each service and in between including date, mileage, parts, suppliers, costs and tolerances measured.

I can tell you on day one of my ownership, 29th November 2014 with 12,614 miles on the clock, the battery voltages were  12.7v at rest, 13.8v at idle and 14.4v at 1500 RPM. Not of much use now but a good reference point when a replacement stator was fitted.

Offline moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2015 MK 2 CBF
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
Welcome back Andy

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Good day young man seems you were going as I was coming,  :005: I've been reading some of your old posts and found them both amusing and interesting, I do have one question I'm wondering about, did you get rid of the MG or the missus to get you back on a bike ??  :015: :164:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
 :405: ...back.

Offline chay

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Red 2014 MkII GT
  • City / Town: Tranent
Erm … why can't you use your original moniker ???
Full luggage, Metzeler Z8s (lots of tread left but squared off after 5k miles).

Offline chay

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Red 2014 MkII GT
  • City / Town: Tranent
Ooops.

Welcome back should have preceded that comment !!
Full luggage, Metzeler Z8s (lots of tread left but squared off after 5k miles).

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
 :401: In this case we need Robo as well  :164: