Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Heated Grips for 2016 CBF1000  (Read 514 times)

Offline Ford

• Bike: CBF1000
Best Heated Grips for 2016 CBF1000
« on: 25 October, 2019, 07:29:50 PM »
Hi fellow bikers, need some advice on the best heated grips to get for my CBF1000 on a 16 plate.. Donít need telling that real bikers donít use heated grips.. not helpful.
Pointing in the right direction would be helpful... Thanks in advance 👍

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: Best Heated Grips for 2016 CBF1000
« Reply #1 on: 25 October, 2019, 08:00:36 PM »
Hello Ford. I have been using heated grips for years, once you have a bike with them you wouldnít have a bike without them, imho.

I cannot say they are the best, but I always fit Oxford heated grips. Never had any issues.

I wouldnít rely on the auto switch off function though . So I always fit them using a ignition fed relay. Ignition off, grips off. No flat batteries by forgetting to turn them off. 

FLIZ.  :028:

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
« Reply #2 on: 25 October, 2019, 11:54:31 PM »
"Real bikers don't use heated grips." I'm not sure who you've previously been taking, and or reading, advice from but anyone with a brain cell wouldn't utter those words. I'd be interested to hear from that individual once they've ditched their bike on a cold day because they couldn't control it, and then what they think of their statement.  :008:

Don't look at the problem so squarely. Things like this as quite generic -- heated grips, muffs etc.

As above Oxford, for once, are the go to product in this area. You can get them on eBay from sellers like M&P or Sportsbikeshop (have their own website too) and fit them yourself; or if you're not overly confident with installing them its a job any half decent bike shop should be able to do in half an hour of labour and no more than an hour.

For really cold days a combination of heated grips and muffs are the best (Tucano muffs are generally well review, but I've not yet tried them).

But, yeah, oxford heated grips.  :152:

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 26 October, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »
I'm tempted by heated grips (and hand guards) too but just never got a round tuit with either. Maybe someone, her indoors take note, will sort me out for Christmas. Best advise already given above - Oxford grips wired in via a switched live changeover relay. My preference is for a the changeover relay to be sited behind the left side rear cowl aft of the regulator rectifier. Handy enough there to draw switched live power from the number plate wiring and also to feed an accessory loom to power all those little extras such as SatNav, USB socket, 12v socket, heated grips, heated clothing etc. That way, as said, ignition off and everything is off as Mr Honda intended with no risk of battery issues. Ignition on and all systems are potentially go.

Happy Days

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #4 on: 26 October, 2019, 08:46:04 AM »
My wifeís got Honda 360 grips and they are great. However, for the price, the Oxford oneís Iíve got on my bike come a very good second to them.

:028:

Offline Crispy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: 26 October, 2019, 11:37:01 AM »
Iíve removed my heated grips and fitted some Domino grips instead. Now got really good feedback through the bars and it should put less strain on the stator (?). Going to try some rechargeable heated gloves, about £50 dearer than Oxford grips but I get a set of waterproof gloves as well as keeping my hands warm during winter. Was going to try silk underlay gloves but have been told they slip around giving negative feedback.
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline Ford

• Bike: CBF1000
« Reply #6 on: 26 October, 2019, 12:19:01 PM »
Thanks for the positive response people, Oxford heated grips it is... Thanks

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
« Reply #7 on: 26 October, 2019, 08:05:09 PM »
I don't have heated grips now as I no longer commute and now only on the bike in the better weather.
When I did use them I found the oxford ok but only lasted 2 or 3 seasons before failure. (Different bike though) The heated grips were great in town and at lower speeds but on the open road the backs of my hands still got very cold so added hand guards as well and that sorted the problem for me. (couldn't get on with muffs).
Pete

Offline Luke dudney

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Erith
« Reply #8 on: 27 October, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »
Me personally prefer heated gloves they warm the whole hand not just the palm i know heated gloves are more expensive but you get wot u pay for my suggestion is gerbings

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #9 on: 27 October, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »
Right there is one of the main reasons why I've been dragging my feet with heated grips, "they don't warm the whole hand", not that I'd know because I've never had them. I ride all year round and I ride with my fingers straight forward resting on top of the levers, I just find it most comfortable like that and I'm closer to the levers should I need a quick reaction. My experience is my finger tips are the first to succumb to the wind chill and after that its all down hill for the rest of the hand, I can feel the cold creep along my fingers. If I can keep my finger tips warm the whole hand remains warm.

Inner gloves, winter gloves and over mittens do keep my hands warm and dry, especially if i keep the speed down to 50 mph or less. Inner gloves, winter gloves and bar muffs keep my hands toasty warm and dry regardless of speed. I can't quite see how that would be the case with heated grips.

Heated gloves worry me in where that would all end - heated socks, heated vest, heated trousers?

diverse-leafy