Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Making more noise  (Read 492 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Pedrovski

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 17
  • Bike: CBF1000A7
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
  • Country: United Kingdom
Making more noise
« on: 11 October, 2019, 12:38:29 PM »
Guys, I'm in the middle of removing the baffles on my standard cans and I've released the ends of both sides using a hole saw and now I'm into trying to snap the inner tack welds off. I've tried the crow bar waggle waggle method and the whack the  :172: thing with a hammer but nothing seems to work. Can you tell me where the tack welds are so I might be able to concentrate my efforts? (I've also posted this in the "Modifying standard cans" thread  :152:
Pedrovski

Offline oldtimer03

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 60
  • Bike: CBF1000TA
  • Country: England
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
Hi Pedrovski, I don’t want to be a killjoy, but why are you butchering your lovely biffer end cans just to make more noise? In my street there’s a guy who’s butchered his end cans on a small Honda 125cc Varadero and it makes a right horrible racket that you can hear for a mile or more. To say that he is not popular with residents, including me, is an understatement. He gives bikers a bad name and we all suffer from that. Personally, I like the biffer as it is, but wouldn’t criticise anyone for wanting to personalise their bike, but just to make more noise... really? Ok, I am being a killjoy. Sorry!

Offline Pedrovski

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 17
  • Bike: CBF1000A7
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2019, 03:14:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by oldtimer03 [+]
Hi Pedrovski, I don’t want to be a killjoy, but why are you butchering your lovely biffer end cans just to make more noise? In my street there’s a guy who’s butchered his end cans on a small Honda 125cc Varadero and it makes a right horrible racket that you can hear for a mile or more. To say that he is not popular with residents, including me, is an understatement. He gives bikers a bad name and we all suffer from that. Personally, I like the biffer as it is, but wouldn’t criticise anyone for wanting to personalise their bike, but just to make more noise... really? Ok, I am being a killjoy. Sorry!

I didn't ask for, and I don't want your opinion on whether noisy cans are annoying and if you don't have any advice on how to achieve my objective (which you clearly don't) keep your thoughts to yourself.
Pedrovski

Offline oldtimer03

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 60
  • Bike: CBF1000TA
  • Country: England
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »
I thought bikers were a friendly riding community, but with talk of crowbars, hammers and rudeness, I have clearly joined the wrong forum. No offence was meant sir, so I withdraw my earlier comments. You go ahead and make more noise as you like.

Offline phild

  • CBF Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1667
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
  • Country: UK
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2019, 08:10:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pedrovski [+]
I didn't ask for, and I don't want your opinion on whether noisy cans are annoying and if you don't have any advice on how to achieve my objective (which you clearly don't) keep your thoughts to yourself.

Ouch.  :110:

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 101
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
  • Country: England
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #5 on: 11 October, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »
Latest bike MOT  statistics say it all.Look up the most common single cause of failures. :430:

Offline Rev Ken

  • CBF God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4673
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
  • Country: England
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #6 on: 11 October, 2019, 09:37:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pedrovski [+]
I didn't ask for, and I don't want your opinion on whether noisy cans are annoying and if you don't have any advice on how to achieve my objective (which you clearly don't) keep your thoughts to yourself.
I respectfully suggest you are on the wrong forum. :110:
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

Offline Shed

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 215
  • City / Town: Newcastle
  • Country: UK
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #7 on: 12 October, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
I respectfully suggest you are on the wrong forum. :110:

I disagree Rev, any so-called 'adult' throwing their toys out of the pram in such a pathetic childish manner is not worthy of any respect, nor are they worthy of any offers of assistance.
« Last Edit: 12 October, 2019, 03:12:49 PM by Shed »

Offline Kamboskid

  • CBF Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: Chios, Greece
  • Country: Greece
Re: Making more noise
« Reply #8 on: 02 November, 2019, 06:56:07 PM »
Hi just wanted to chip in my two cents worth regarding this issue and the social impact when we overdo it! I live on a Greek island and most of the bikes have aftermarket exhausts fitted, some of the machines sound pretty good esp  YamahaTDM 900, but the smaller bikes can be a bit overpowering and to be frank the usually easy going cops are getting fed up with pulling young lads over, the bigger bikes  are not the problem. I hasten to add though. plenty of torque low down keeps the engine speed /noise levels to a minimum!

 I have to say one person is getting his knickers in a twis though!