Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member - North Yorkshire  (Read 208 times)

Offline YDraig

• Riding bikes since before I were a'lad
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-7
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
New Member - North Yorkshire
« on: 10 October, 2019, 07:20:16 PM »
Hi From North Yorkshire (just about).   Just put down deposit on a 2007 red one (ABS).  I'll probably have some questions as I go through it in the coming weeks.  Just got the wait until I collect it now...... Hopefully a week today or the Saturday after.

Probably would be described as 'old' (50+) rode bikes from 17 until mid 30s - had some years out as couldn't afford to keep a bike and a car - or manage with only a bike.  Came back to about 6 years ago.  Broke myself back in gently with an xv750 (96).  Finally managed to get regular miles in and toured Scotland and did the National rally on it this year.  Found that I'm now liable to thrash it, and also wanted something for longer faster touring (at least to get there).  So have been looking for a litre sized 4 cyl for a short while. and found the CBF.   

Right that's enough of my life story.  I'll fire off questions in the appropriate sub-forums as they come up.

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: New Member - North Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2019, 08:13:24 PM »
 :405:

Hello. I am from the same neck of the woods. Have a 09 Red abs. Good choice of bike I think, and a gorgeous colour. Getting long in the tooth 61, (me not the bike)
 :mfrlol:

Any questions just ask away, there are no daft ones, if you donít know then you donít know, itís the only way to learn. In my experience there are plenty of people on the forum who are very knowledgable and more than happy to help.

Hope you enjoy the bike and the forum.

Offline Fair Weather rider

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Tenbury Wells
« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
Hi YDraig, I am new too, though I would try the Biffer (that's what they call them on here) everyone said it was easy to ride, and it is, I sat straight into mine and felt at home straight away, everything seems to be in the right place and the brakes are ACE, plenty of low down grunt and a very comfy ride.
Only been out on it twice, that was for two 80 mile runs, only down side it's a bit heavy and I and vertically challenged, so I find it a bit cumbersome when manoeuvring in tight spaces, other than that it's a good bike.
2012 Mk1 35k on clock.

Loads of info on here.

Happy days.

Offline cbrog

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline cbrog

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by FLIZ [+]

Hello. I am from the same neck of the woods. Have a 09 Red abs. Good choice of bike I think, and a gorgeous colour. Getting long in the tooth 61, (me not the bike)
 :mfrlol:

Any questions just ask away, there are no daft ones, if you donít know then you donít know, itís the only way to learn. In my experience there are plenty of people on the forum who are very knowledgable and more than happy to help.

Hope you enjoy the bike and the forum.
Looks like we have a North Yorks group forming  :001:

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #5 on: 12 October, 2019, 03:09:32 PM »
 :405: YDraig

:730: