Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New cans!!!!  (Read 765 times)

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
Re: New cans!!!!
« Reply #10 on: 23 October, 2019, 11:47:07 PM »
I've put some Oxford Rainseal Muffs on for now.

I managed to bodge some Oxford lever protectors (OEM bar end > lever guard > long hex screw that came with the hand guard set above).

To clarify its black electrical tape that covers the OEM bar end below due to a gap between it and the heated grip, and I've not drilled into anything. To remove the oxford lever guard I'd just undo the long hex and replace with OEM screws.

Tucano muffs are meant to be the best, and I wouldn't use the Oxford's without the lever bodge above (which means you might as well go for the Tucano) as the Oxford ones are meant to push against the levers in anything above 40/wind.

I've seen a CBF1000 2010 GT for sale with some like yours on for sale too so they're around, but probably not needed for me now I've got the muffs / various gloves and heated grips combo.

Muffs are better than nothing but I'm already waiting for warmer weather to take them off.  :008:

edit: for anyone looking for hand-guards -- as a future note -- you want something that can be used/screwed outside of the OEM bar end (so you need both attached to the bar), which is what these universal hand-guards do. Honda wind deflectors are available online but at a very high cost, and often not worth it based on old reviews.
« Last Edit: 23 October, 2019, 11:48:38 PM by NJD »

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: New cans!!!!
« Reply #11 on: 24 October, 2019, 12:46:04 PM »
My experience with the Oxford muffs is the same, they push on the brake and clutch levers once you get up to out of town speeds. I resolved that with a pair of aluminium lever protectors and using an extended bolt to fit the original Honda bar end weights but it was not a perfect solution. So I've reverted to my previous weapon of choice against the winter wind chill factor which is a pair of wind stopper inner gloves, an oversize pair of proper heavy winter gloves to comfortably fit over the inners and a pair of over mittens should the need arise or for when it gets proper wet n cold in February.

diverse-leafy